Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 Buttons Unresponsive

Thread: Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 Buttons Unresponsive

Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 Buttons Unresponsive

First post here.

I bought myself a Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 on Ebay and just received it today. When I got it out of the package it was working fine and I was able to set the time correctly. An hour later I attempted to reset the time to military time (24 hours) and none of the buttons were working. It's still on time keeper mode however I can't access any of the different modes.

Has anyone had similar issues before and does anyone know of a quick fix. I really like this watch and before sending it back would like to know if their is a way I can fix it.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 Buttons Unresponsive

No fix that i know of. There are other threads about this problem i think a batch of lemons came out from casio.I also saw two of the same model in macys flashing out of control and unresponsive.

Ive seen this too. No wonder i see them on craigslist going for as low as $35.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by waldoloko View Post
    Ive seen this too. No wonder i see them on craigslist going for as low as $35.....
    Those are most likely fakes. The G-7900 was one of the models of choice for G-Shock counterfeiters and many different qualities of fakes exist for this one.

Anyway, CASIO has a paltry warranty of just one year. But, since the G-7900 was known for having some problems like this, you might get lucky with a friendly CASIO representative. I'd call them up and say you got this as a winter holiday gift, or something to that effect, because you don't have proof of original purchase from an authorized CASIO dealer. Maybe they'll honor the warranty.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Those are most likely fakes. The G-7900 was one of the models of choice for G-Shock counterfeiters and many different qualities of fakes exist for this one.

Anyway, CASIO has a paltry warranty of just one year. But, since the G-7900 was known for having some problems like this, you might get lucky with a friendly CASIO representative. I'd call them up and say you got this as a winter holiday gift, or something to that effect, because you don't have proof of original purchase from an authorized CASIO dealer. Maybe they'll honor the warranty.
    Thanks, I'm going to see if I can get if fixed the next time I fly out.

I really like this watch, if I could get the problem with the buttons fixed then it would be a perfect watch.

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    But, since the G-7900 was known for having some problems like this, you might get lucky with a friendly CASIO representative.
    The G-7900 was never known for having problems as it has one of the most proven modules out there which Casio used in a wide variety of watches:
    G-9000
    G-800BD
    GLS-5600
    G-7900
    GLX-6900
    GLS-5500
    It's the GW-7900 we're talking about (I admit - I'm a know-it-all ).

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

^ Sorry, obviously a typo on my part. I meant the GW-7900.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

If nordstrom still sells them, even online, then any store will take it back. They have a ridiculously good return policy. I did. Don't even need a receipt.

Thread Information