CASIO G SHOCK and the MILITARY

Thread: CASIO G SHOCK and the MILITARY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CASIO G SHOCK and the MILITARY

Hi guys, how are you doing?
    I just want to asked afew question about Casio and the Military. I was told that Casio supplied servicesman-army & polices etc with watches is this true ?
    what country was it ?
    what unit was it, example: Rangers?
    What g shock model was it?
    is it still avaliable?
    As this will make picking my next G Shock that much easyer.
    :gold..THANKS ALL 4 MAKING THIS THE BEST FORUM AROUND..:gold
    MIKE

Wink Re: CASIO G SHOCK and the MILITARY

Quote Originally Posted by Mick no:8
    Hi guys, how are you doing?
    I just want to asked afew question about Casio and the Military. I was told that Casio supplied servicesman-army & polices etc with watches is this true ?
    what country was it ?
    what unit was it, example: Rangers?
    What g shock model was it?
    is it still avaliable?
    As this will make picking my next G Shock that much easyer.
    :gold..THANKS ALL 4 MAKING THIS THE BEST FORUM AROUND..:gold
    MIKE
    Well, Casio doesn't active supply G-Shock's to militairy, but G-Shock (Maglite, Buck knives, etc) can be bought Tax Free in militairy shops for militairy only. Casio watches in general are very popular by militaty. Yesterday a big militairy linked event was called of due to the ernormous heat and several casualties. There were a lot of tv footage on the news. Quiet a few militaries wore G-Shock's. I just returned from our city centre. A lot of German Tourist, so also I spotted lots of G-Shock's

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: CASIO G SHOCK and the MILITARY

Didn't notice the police or see any army guys but lots of civilians wearing G's in Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Well, Casio doesn't active supply G-Shock's to militairy, but G-Shock (Maglite, Buck knives, etc) can be bought Tax Free in militairy shops for militairy only. Casio watches in general are very popular by militaty. Yesterday a big militairy linked event was called of due to the ernormous heat and several casualties. There were a lot of tv footage on the news. Quiet a few militaries wore G-Shock's. I just returned from our city centre. A lot of German Tourist, so also I spotted lots of G-Shock's

Cheers,

Sjors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I remember reading somewhere that the DW-6600 was a commonly used watch by the Navy SEALS. I would assume that the standard DW-5600 is popular among our troops as well; it's a rugged and affordable watch that can take the abuse in combat situations.

Many SEALs are issued the DW6600. French military divers have been issued G's as well see link below.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=20577

Some other links with G's in the military
    http://www.mwrforum.net/cgi-bin/mwr.pl?read=173350

http://www.mwrforum.net/cgi-bin/mwr.pl?read=171989

I believe G's are pretty popular still, although Suunto and Casio ProTreks have also become popular. The G's are probably still the digital of choice for those who don't want or need the altimiter and other bells and whistles of the fancier EBP (Expensive Black Plastic)

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

there are a lot of *live action reports* on tv nowadays, about special forces units like the navy seals, marine snipers, foreign legion, swat police unist etc. one thing all those reports and combat units have in common is, that you can see tons of *G's* on those guys wrists. make perfect sense to me: g-shock's are very affordable, or let's say cheap (not cheap, spoken in terms of poor quality), they are well build, very tough, very durable and most g-watches are black, which makes them perfect for stealth operations. these attributes make a 'G' unique and therefore desirable for heavy duty service employees.

regards, holger
    Last edited by cal..45; July 20th, 2006 at 18:03.
    We are 12.6 %

Banned

I 'm not sure if it's an issue thing or a personal choice of the soldiers wanting them. But I did come across this when I was doing an internet search for Pro Trek watches. It claims that the PAG-50 is currently issued to Seals when they join a platoon. Whether this is actually true or just advertising I can't say.

http://navyseals.com/store/detail.as...thfinder-Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D.
    I 'm not sure if it's an issue thing or a personal choice of the soldiers wanting them. But I did come across this when I was doing an internet search for Pro Trek watches. It claims that the PAG-50 is currently issued to Seals when they join a platoon. Whether this is actually true or just advertising I can't say.

http://navyseals.com/store/detail.as...thfinder-Watch
    It was probably correct when that model first came out. Some in the military are actually getting the Suunto Vector now. I can't seem to find that link now.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    It was probably correct when that model first came out. Some in the military are actually getting the Suunto Vector now. I can't seem to find that link now.
    Are you looking for a link for the watch or the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D.
    Are you looking for a link for the watch or the article?
    The article.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information