Are the Casio G-SHOCK real Military watch?
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Are the Casio G-SHOCK real Military watch?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Are the Casio G-SHOCK real Military watch?

Hi All
    this is my first (probabily silly) post here.
    So i apologize with all if the question is inapprpriate.
    I would like to know if today the G-SHOCK are real (i mean really assigned to a Military corp) Military watch or they are just inspired to a Military line?
    thank you
    GV

Re: Are the Casio G-SHOCK real Military watch?

They're inexpensive, readily available to those in the military, practically indestructible, and there's umpteen pics in the forum showing people in the military wearing them.
    Search 'G-Shocks in action'. Hope this helps! Also, some military groups have had G-Shocks issued, but by no means all.

Cheers,
    Dave in the Philippines

Hi and welcome,

G-Shocks were originally designed to be tough, and they still are today. Military, police, fire-fighters, security, divers, and any other personnel who need the toughest watches available gravitate towards G-Shocks and Pathfinders/Protreks (also made by Casio) simply because they are tough. I don't know of any military corp which has designed a G-Shock and got it into production.

There are many threads about who wears what, but some of the best including pictures are posted by Peahi, such as this thread here.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/g-s...on-472570.html
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by dbradford View Post
    They're inexpensive, readily available to those in the military, practically indestructible...
    I think Dave sums it up pretty well: isn't that what we call "mil specs"?
    Of course they're not "official" military watches, but I don't think there is any other watch line from any other brand that can consistently take the abuse a G can and still come home working without a hick-up.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    I think Dave sums it up pretty well: isn't that what we call "mil specs"?
    Of course they're not "official" military watches, but I don't think there is any other watch line from any other brand that can consistently take the abuse a G can and still come home working without a hick-up.
    exactly what i mean...there is no official tender to casio, no official specifications....only the experience of the "users", correct?

There was a GShock which was official military issue in France and NASA has designated the 5600 as a flight qualified watch.

The 6600 G Shock (pictured in my sig pic below) at one point in time was the Navy SEAL issue watch, it is now no longer. There is no firm data to back up what the current one is.

The Casio PAG50 Pathfinder at one point in time was given as a gift to a SEAL candidate when he graduated BUDs (Basic Underwater Demolition - the prerequisite for all SEAL candiates) from the platoon they would be joining. It is believed this is no longer current.

The 6600 is probably one of if not the most common G Shock seen used by members of the military (and police and EMS also) due to it's ruggedness and it being so inexpensive. I have had more than one member of the military who recently got out tell me the 6600 was very common in the PX for sale.

HTH
    Eric

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    There was a GShock which was official military issue in France and NASA has designated the 5600 as a flight qualified watch.
    "
    issue in Franc
    e" can you kindly indicate me the model? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by esg2145 View Post
    The 6600 G Shock (pictured in my sig pic below) at one point in time was the Navy SEAL issue watch, it is now no longer. There is no firm data to back up what the current one is.

The Casio PAG50 Pathfinder at one point in time was given as a gift to a SEAL candidate when he graduated BUDs (Basic Underwater Demolition - the prerequisite for all SEAL candiates) from the platoon they would be joining. It is believed this is no longer current.

The 6600 is probably one of if not the most common G Shock seen used by members of the military (and police and EMS also) due to it's ruggedness and it being so inexpensive. I have had more than one member of the military who recently got out tell me the 6600 was very common in the PX for sale.

HTH
    Eric wich 6600? B? C?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information