Casio G-Shock vs Ballistic??
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Casio G-Shock vs Ballistic??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Casio G-Shock vs Ballistic??

Recently discovered Ballistic watches that claim to be "Tougher Than Life" and some of the videos I've seen show this. What I am wondering is if they are as tough, if not tougher than the trusty G-Shock. I love the look of the Ballistic Cyclone, and if they are tougher than my Gulfman, I am definitely going to pick one up. Very cool designs and by the videos I've seen, extremely tough. Anyone have experience with both these brands?? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I am new)

Bulletproof Ballistic watches put to the test! - YouTube

Ballistic Watches Watches Tested in Extreme Conditions - Ballistic Wrist Watch - YouTube

Re: Casio G-Shock vs Ballistic??

Quote Originally Posted by J.Harris View Post
    Recently discovered Ballistic watches that claim to be "Tougher Than Life" and some of the videos I've seen show this. What I am wondering is if they are as tough, if not tougher than the trusty G-Shock. I love the look of the Ballistic Cyclone, and if they are tougher than my Gulfman, I am definitely going to pick one up.
    Don't bother.................... they make fancy claims.......... "toughest watch in the world", yet they can't make a case that is more than 100m WR!

Toughest watch in the world? err..................No!

Mitch
    capt_RENGT likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I don't know anything about this brand but the crystal test with the screwdriver and hammer is most impressive. Imagine the incredible force such a small surface puts to the glass - wow. I don't think any G-Shock mineral would survive that. Looks like they make the same kind of crystal that Armourlite watches claim to have.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The LCD screen is arguably the G-shock's Achille's heel. A screwdriver would pierce through a typical G-shock screen like a knife through butter if the same experiment were replicated on a G-shock. However, those watches do nothing for me. I can't explain why, but I'd choose my GW-5000 or a Frogman over any Ballistic watch. I'd rather go for a Damasko or Sinn watch if I wanted something more metallic and in a tough case.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

After many posts in the recent "Toughest G" thread, I find it HIGHLY amusing that those guys demonstrate toughness by someone first stomping on the watch with their foot, then they show the watch being driven over by a truck. A man STANDING on a watch is about the same force as driving over it, stomping on it actually creates more force than the truck's tire.

As mentioned in that other thread, though, driving over it with a big truck is more VISUALLY impressive to people who don't know enough about physics.

The "chiselling" at the crystal with a hammer and screwdriver was somewhat impressive, but I'm not going to rush out and buy their watch based on that test.

cst

Screwdriver on the glass is impressive. But I don't like the watch on the whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A G-shock would pass all of those tests. With the hammer and screwdriver, it looks like he is barely tapping the hammer at all. These tests are designed to look intense without providing any actual specs

I agree the crystal tests are impressive but the watches don't do anything for me either. Somehow, they have a cheap look to them IMO.

As hard as I am on a watch I've never damaged the crystal on a G and would still rather have one over one of those.
    Jeff_C likes this.

When Casio film their G Shock tests they are done by machine clear to see by anyone.

Yes the screwdriver test looks impressive but he is holding the screwdriver how do we know it is even touching the crystal?

If these were really tremendously strong cases and crystals the watch would be much more than 100m WR. That alone tells you that their claims are likely BS.

Mitch
    Jono likes this.

How about blowing up a watch with dynamite ?
    CX Swiss Military Watch 20,000 FEET - YouTube

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information