CASIO GS-1150 aka GS-1400 for sale in the UK!

Thread: CASIO GS-1150 aka GS-1400 for sale in the UK!

CASIO GS-1150 aka GS-1400 for sale in the UK!

Hi guys, just a heads up the that the GS-1150 is up for sale here Casio Gents G-shock Watch GS-1150-1AER | the Watch Hut.
    Looks so much like the GS-1400 the is due to be released later this month.
    At just under 200 quid, i think its a steal. Cheers.

Re: CASIO GS-1150 aka GS-1400 for sale in the UK!

Just stumbled across this thread while doing some research on the GS-1400. As far as I can tell the only difference to the GS-1150 is the missing tough movement. Module of the GS-1400 is 5040 and of the GS-1150 it's 5060 (the same as on the GW-2000). Will the all black version of the GS-1400 also be released in europe?

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Oh my! That is distressing... I didnt know the module number was the same as the one on the GW-2000.
    Guess i wont be buying it anymore. Not a fan of using same modules on different devices.. Like Jaguars that are essentially Ford Mondeo's underneath.
    That was the same reason i got put off the GS-1050. I might just go with the 1400 instead when its goes on sale next week.
    I dont think the Black 1400 will be released in Europe anytime soon.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well that happens all the time in Casio watches. Some modules have been used in standard G-Shocks, MRGs, Edifice, etc. For example the Edifice EQW-M1000 I'm wearing right now also has the same module as the GW-2000 and the GS-1150 (even though it has a different module number but the functions are exactly the same). It goes even further - some modules are just updated versions of older modules - like the G-7900 that uses the module of the G-9000 with an added tide/moon feature. But I'll rather have one company use the same stuff in different watches than different high-end luxury Swiss watches all using the same ETA movements in a price range from 200 to 20.000 € .
    Take the 'Porsche Design Indicator' for instance which basically has a ETA-7750 with a little nice changes made for a price over 200.000 €. A movement you can also buy in watches for 500€.
    In fact I think it's rather a good idea to use the same modules in different watches because I really love the functions on some watches but am not too fond of the case they come in. Let's take the G-7900 again - same functions as G-9000 Mudman with added tide/moon feature - but the biggest difference are the easy-to-use buttons on the G-7900.
    Or take the GW-2000 - really a very nice G-Shock but the EQW-M1000 has an all stainless steel case and wears much slimmer - and the biggest advantage of all - it has standard lugs so I can wear it on my beloved Nato straps. So just look at the pics:
    GW-2000

EQW-M1000:

I'm glad that both of these watches exist because I think they belong among the most beautiful watches Casio ever came up with.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information