Casio Gshock 2900 Zulu adapter

Thread: Casio Gshock 2900 Zulu adapter

Casio Gshock 2900 Zulu adapter

Hi, I would like to put a Zulu strap on my gshock 2900 but I'm not sure where to buy and which one will fit it. I think the lugs are 16mm but I have no idea about pin holes' size.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Casio Gshock 2900 Zulu adapter

Unfortunally there is just one adapter that will fit, the G-2900F original (which is hard to source).
    The 5600 or 6900 adapters are not fitting because of the very different position of the 2900 spring bar inside the lug. :(

What about the "adapters" from the G2900V-1V (black) and -2V (blue)? Both of those models used one of Casio's two-layer nylon straps, with the "cover/end piece" parts that we call "adapters" around here!

Since those models are 13 years old, I'm SLIGHTLY surprised to see those parts listed as "not in stock, usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" but if Pacparts didn't think they could get them they would show as "discontinued" instead.

Casio G2900V-1V Parts and Accessories

Casio G2900V-2V Parts and Accessories

(Pacparts shows four versions of the G2900F, but shows all of those with traditional two-piece resin straps.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maybe I can buy a 2 piece zulu?

Quote Originally Posted by krazyjoe66 View Post
    Thx alot! But I don't know if it fits a zulu, because its thicker than nato, no?
    Edit: Damn, they don't ship to my country. Maybe this one?: http://www.shapeways.com/product/XMA...o-zulu-adapter
    Maybe I can print one on my own? I have a 3D printer.
    Last edited by Sean300; February 5th, 2016 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean300 View Post
    Thx alot! But I don't know if it fits a zulu, because its thicker than nato, no?
    Many people use the terms NATO and Zulu interchangeably when referring to aftermarket nylon watch straps -- and they're WRONG! (Whoever put that on Tiktox's website should know better. ) They're two completely different styles of straps: NATO straps use thin, rectangular metal keepers and a thinner nylon strap material while Zulu straps use thicker, oval metal keepers and generally use thicker nylon strap material. See https://www.natozulu.com/content/11-...rap-difference for a similar description plus links to pictures showing the differences.

NATO straps also use two layers of nylon, sewed together on one end while "3 ring Zulu" straps don't. (The "5 ring Zulu" straps appear to be a hybrid style, using 2 layers of nylon but thicker oval keepers.)

Casio's original straps to fit these adapters are fairly thick, and MOST of us here at WUS are using the thicker 3-ring Zulu straps without any problems.

A problem CAN arise when using NATO and 5 ring Zulu straps -- if the shorter of the two "flaps" is shorter than the adapter-to-adapter distance of the watch, the watch can "ride up" above the wrist, as in the pictures in this thread and many others: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ano...ry-814808.html

Maybe this one?: Model 1624 G-Shock NATO/ZULU adapter (XMALYZTAF) by Keoni

Maybe I can print one on my own? I have a 3D printer.
    You're probably better off with the original Casio adapters from Tiktox or Pacparts. You might be able to print your own if you want to design them from the ground up, but the adapters at Shapeways were designed to work like the commonly-used 5600-style adapters, and to fit the same watches the Casio version fit. According to d2mac's post above, those adapters won't fit your watch so a third party 3D version probably won't fit either.
    Last edited by Mike K; February 5th, 2016 at 17:39.

So let me understand, zulu 2 rings will fit tiktok's adapter?

So let me understand, zulu 2 rings will fit tiktok's adapter?
    Yes, they should fit Tiktok's adapter (which is the same as Pacparts' adapter, since it's an original Casio part.)

The next question will be "do you want a 22mm or a 24mm strap?" Both will fit, but the adapters were designed for Casio's 23mm strap, which means a 24mm strap will be a tight fit initially but the watch won't slide around on the strap. A 22mm strap will be easier to put through the holes in the adapters but the watch may slide around on the strap slightly, especially if you wear your watchbands a little loose.

Members here at WUS use both widths -- I would GUESS that 60 or 70% of us use 24mm straps and 30 or 40% use the 22mm straps.

Thread Information