Casio GWM5610-1 - Best Function to Value Proposition?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Casio GWM5610-1 - Best Function to Value Proposition?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio GWM5610-1 - Best Function to Value Proposition?

As far as Casio squares go - is the GWM5610-1 the best function to value G Shock watch out there? Solar, atomic, great module, less than $100 - am I missing anything?

Re: Casio GWM5610-1 - Best Function to Value Proposition?

Difficult to determine if it's the "best function to value". Other G's have fewer functions and are less $. Others have more or different functions for more $.
    Unadan360 likes this.

Scrawed back too. Seriously after getting to know screwed back cases when you look at normal cases they looks awful
    perfectlykevin likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Unadan360 View Post
    As far as Casio squares go - is the GWM5610-1 the best function to value G Shock watch out there? Solar, atomic, great module, less than $100 - am I missing anything?
    It's good that you just specified Casio Squares so we can just narrowed are comparison from square to square. Function to Value is very subjective because it's varies from user to user. Most of the time, the design, color and material used can jack up the price of a certain model. For example, GWM-5610-1 has all the functions with a GW-S5600. If you add more functions, it will surely jack up the price. Putting a tide graph as well as moon phase function (which gives you GWX5600) will cost you more. Does these two features justified the additional cost? Some users love it and some user don't. It's hard to accept but GWM-5610-1 as well as DW-5600E-1 are entry level watches. A prelude for bigger expenses.

If you value atomic sync, solar recharging, auto EL, and multiple (weak) alarms (so you don't have to adjust one alarm multiple times per day), then yes, the 5610 is a good value.

If you don't care about atomic sync, solar recharging, need one (loud) or no alarms, and like to be able to see the lcd at night for as long as you hold the light button, then yes, the 5600E is a good value.

Both have pro's and con's and it depends on what features you will use if any. Some folks here just wear watches and never use features the watches offer. That is something I don't understand at all.

The 5600E is about as cheap as a really good lunch. The 5610 is essentially a bit over double the cost. I like them both, I had the 5610 and sold it off years ago. I (well, ok my son) still have the 5600E. He's 11 and wears it everyday.
    Unadan360 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

It depends on the features you need. The GW-M5610 is my favorite G Shock, as it has everything I need and a nice price. It's nice and light, also.
    Rocat and Unadan360 like this.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

But I like GW6900 better!

LOL, half kidding. I know OP is looking for "square". BUT, I did sold my GWM5610 and replaced it with GW6900 (with GW5000 strap) because GW6900 has all the features of the GWM5610, and it allows me to put the 2nd time zone up in the current time mode to make it a GMT watch. The GW5000 strap makes the watch comfortable to wear even for my small-ish wrist size.

Back to "square", it really depends. I think the GW5000 is great value (especially in the pre-owned market) because of the screw down case back, and nice strap.

The GWM5610 is of the same functionality at a lower price point, but its missing the SS core case and the strap. So its lower price, but missing some premium features.

And, if you want to see the current time in STW and CDT time mode, DW5600E (or EG if you want a little something-something) is the best value. Depends if that's important to you or not. But then you are missing atomic solar ...

So find out what's important to you, and see if you are willing to pay for them. That's your Best Value right there. :)
    Unadan360 likes this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Nope. Not when the auto EL light switch inside the module doesn't work. I own 1/2 dozen of the made in China ones and every one of them has a defective EL auto light.
    Unadan360 likes this.

Gonna have to check out the 6900 more! I like what I see after bringing it up on Amazon. Is the back of the 6900 screw down or just four screws like most Gs?

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    But I like GW6900 better!

LOL, half kidding. I know OP is looking for "square". BUT, I did sold my GWM5610 and replaced it with GW6900 (with GW5000 strap) because GW6900 has all the features of the GWM5610, and it allows me to put the 2nd time zone up in the current time mode to make it a GMT watch. The GW5000 strap makes the watch comfortable to wear even for my small-ish wrist size.

Back to "square", it really depends. I think the GW5000 is great value (especially in the pre-owned market) because of the screw down case back, and nice strap.

The GWM5610 is of the same functionality at a lower price point, but its missing the SS core case and the strap. So its lower price, but missing some premium features.

And, if you want to see the current time in STW and CDT time mode, DW5600E (or EG if you want a little something-something) is the best value. Depends if that's important to you or not. But then you are missing atomic solar ...

So find out what's important to you, and see if you are willing to pay for them. That's your Best Value right there. :)

They have 4 screws. not a screw down case back, and there was never a 6900 with screw down case back. :)

Here's mine with GW5000 straps

Quote Originally Posted by Unadan360 View Post
    Gonna have to check out the 6900 more! I like what I see after bringing it up on Amazon. Is the back of the 6900 screw down or just four screws like most Gs?
    Unadan360 likes this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information