CASIO-JDM WARRANTY

Thread: CASIO-JDM WARRANTY

CASIO-JDM WARRANTY

Had a quick question before I pull the trigger on a Casio JDM from Japan:

-In case of warranty issues (like the post about second hand stuck on GPW-1000 earlier today), does the 1 year international warranty require that the watch MUST be sent to Japan for service (Seiko USA is strictly enforcing this policy) or will the USA service center honor the warranty??

Thanks.

Re: CASIO-JDM WARRANTY

It depends on whether the merchant gives you an international warranty card, in which case the warranty is honored internationally at all listed authorized service centers in the world. Note that most online merchants do not provide you with the international warranty card, as I think only some which happen to operate a brick-n-mortar store in Japan as authorized dealer might be able to provide you one. If that is important to you, ask.

But do make sure your merchant gives you a printed bill of sale. See this recent thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/cas...m-2430737.html

Otherwise warranty may be limited to the original place of purchase, or only merchant-specific warranty applies. In these cases you will need to do so via the merchant and you will need to send the watch back to Japan for service. However, be careful in case the warranty terms forbids items shipping out of country, then warranty may be invalid even if you are willing to ship back to Japan for service. As always, need to ask before you buy.

Re: CASIO-JDM WARRANTY

I also read the above thread, really informative. I would say check with the seller before you buy it, usually, if warranty is included, it could be a bit pricey. Otherwise, my Rangeman was a JDM version and after inquiry the seller said that I could just send it back to the store inclusive of shipping and they'll sort it out for me. It really depends on where you got it from, I would certainly check with the merchant.

Thread Information