Casio Lineage LIW-T100TD-1AJF
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Casio Lineage LIW-T100TD-1AJF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Casio Lineage LIW-T100TD-1AJF

New watch for me, was really thinking of an Oceanus, and really taken with the OCW-S100P-2AJF. Spec matters to me, though - I'm very much more a function over form person, and I'd decided after recently buying a couple of quite nice analog Lineage models, that I wanted a purely analog watch, with the tough movement, multiband 6, tough solar, 100m WR (as my existing Lineage models were just 50m WR), and ideally titanium case and bracelet.

I found all that spec in the LIW-T100TD-1AJF, plus has standard / normal lugs, so will run a normal strap or bracelet (the Oceanus models I've considered, all have bespoke lugs, so won't run standard straps / bracelets). Titanium case and bracelet, but doesn't appear to have the hardened coating used on the Oceanus models, also doesn't have sapphire glass - just a domed, non-sapphire crystal (supposedly scratch resistant).

So... here's some pics:-

Name:  IMG_00000228.jpg
Views: 3344
Size:  74.0 KB

It was well packed - not rattling around inside a box.

As soon as the box was opened, the hands start moving as it wakes up:-

Name:  IMG_00000234.jpg
Views: 3374
Size:  143.4 KB

Name:  IMG_00000242.jpg
Views: 3537
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  IMG_00000244.jpg
Views: 3713
Size:  144.3 KB

Name:  IMG_00000246.jpg
Views: 3671
Size:  153.0 KB

Name:  IMG_00000247.jpg
Views: 3287
Size:  155.1 KB

Very happy with it - it's a nicer looking watch than auction / product pages give it credit for. Simple, classy, understated, not too big, not too small or delicate. Bracelet similar to the other stainless steel Lineage models I've got - 'cept this is a titanium bracelet to match the case. Solid links, pins and collars. This time I think I'm going to keep it on the stock bracelet for a while.

One thing I wasn't sure of, before getting one - as it's not that clear from the PDF manual, was whether it automatically applies DST - it does, as soon as it gets a time sync.

There is an Oceanus equivalent - the OCW-T100TD-1AJF, which is very similar, I expect it's slightly larger, has the carbide coating, and sapphire glass. But - the most notable downside compared with this Lineage model - it has bespoke lugs, so no standard straps / bracelets on the Oceanus version - which is odd, too, as I think the Oceanus model(s) have the spring bars exposed from the outer side of the lugs. So realistically, the only downside of this model, compared with the Oceanus version, is not having the carbide coating, and not having sapphire glass.

This cost around £245 (UK pounds) landed in the UK - that's including all import duty / vat, and handling fee (so total cost to me). For the OCW-S100P-2AJF, it would have been slightly more than double that. For the Oceanus "version" of this Lineage model it would have been about £140 or £150 (UK pounds) more than this Lineage model (so for that, you'd get sapphire glass, and carbide coating on the titanium - but - you wouldn't have standard lugs).

These seem something of a sleeper model, really - I've seen one photo of this model on here, and somebody with a similar, stainless steel, tough movement Lineage (but that had non-standard lugs).

This is going to be my dressier / more formal watch - but also the one I can go anywhere with, and have decent WR - the following two Lineage models will be more my daily drivers, and I kind of flit between wanting to wear the blue one, or the white one - sometimes one, or the other seems more appealling:-

Name:  IMG_00000221.jpg
Views: 3303
Size:  134.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_00000217.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  140.4 KB

Re: Casio Lineage LIW-T100TD-1AJF

Very nice, I love the titanium models in the Lineage line.

Classy watch, indeed. But certainly too much for me to wear the titanium one.
    I like the blue one, very nice
    "Sometimes I look at my watch to tell the time and end up staring at it for a little while......" iamsupersam (wus member) July 29th, 2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello Wongsky, where did you get those black bracelets from?

Quote Originally Posted by phattbam View Post
    Hello Wongsky, where did you get those black bracelets from?
    ebay - the UK site - they tend to be described as Rubber Link Divers.

3 weeks in, and I've kept the titanium bracelet on - think that will stay.

It's very light, and although it's only had light duties in rotation with my other Lineages, the bracelet doesn't seem prone to marks at all, which was my initial worry.

Wongsky, we have similar priorities & criteria- what is the model of your old, blue daily driver btw?

Also does your new featured Ti casio have a backlight, or just lume?

Thank you.
    This is now a Veda thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeLookingBoutiqueSh View Post
    Wongsky, we have similar priorities & criteria- what is the model of your old, blue daily driver btw?

Also does your new featured Ti casio have a backlight, or just lume?

Thank you.
    Hi - blue Lineage is the LCW-M100DSE-2AER. And the titanium Lineage just has lume, no back light - which may seem odd with the 4 buttons compared with the LCW-M100Ds having only 3.

lvt

I don't know if you realized how lucky you were, your watch has a perfect second hand alignment (it hits all the markers on the dial), I've seen a lot of more expensive analog quartz watches (be it Swiss or Japan made) with second hand landing anywhere between the two markers.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    I don't know if you realized how lucky you were, your watch has a perfect second hand alignment (it hits all the markers on the dial), I've seen a lot of more expensive analog quartz watches (be it Swiss or Japan made) with second hand landing anywhere between the two markers.
    This latest lineage has the tough movement, so the hands should auto align to be perfect.

My other two Lineages you can manually adjust it, the seconds on both hit all the markers exactly, but on the blue variant, I did have to ever-so-slightly adjust the minute hand - it was just a movement ahead (think it moves 3 times a minute, and I think it was one movement ahead - the titanium one, the minute hand moves every 10 seconds).

edit: just wanted to point out something, there, which was a mistake - all three Lineage models I've got, LIW-T100TD-1AJF, LCW-M100DSE-2AER and LCW-M100D-2AJF the minute hand moves in increments every 10 seconds. Moving 3 times a minute must either be my WVA-430 (Wave Ceptor), or AWG-M100A-1AER (G-Shock).

I once had to adjust the hand positions on another Casio Wave Ceptor (my WVA-430) but oddly, it wasn't the seconds, the time had jumped a bit compared with the real / digital time - on all of my Wave ceptor Casios, the seconds have been bang on the markers.
    Last edited by Wongsky; November 14th, 2013 at 19:08.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information