casio mdv106
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Skeptical
  • 1 Post By pl_gristle
  • 1 Post By Eric.S
  • 1 Post By Hacknwind

Thread: casio mdv106

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    14

    casio mdv106

    Is it possible to pull the crown to date function to stop the watch from running in order to save the battery. I have 2 and planning to keep the other one(gift) and use it when my other mdv106 battery dies.

  2. #2
    Member Skeptical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Saratoga County, NY
    Posts
    2,862

    Re: casio mdv106

    The crown would have to be pulled all the way out, but yes, it will save the battery. Still, there may be a shelf life issue if you’re talking about just letting it sit in a box for 5 years. But I don’t know how much it would matter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dxnnis likes this.
    Citizen Promaster BN0211-50E
    1981 Citizen CQ
    Longines Conquest VHP

  3. #3
    Member pl_gristle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    508

    Re: casio mdv106

    I used to do that with my Seiko quartz models when they would sit a while. It's a good idea and it does work.
    Dxnnis likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Eric.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,311

    casio mdv106

    The timex expedition watches I recently purchased came with crown pulled out all the way (second hand stopped) and a plastic tab inserted behind the pulled crown, keeping it from closing unless you pull the plastic tab out. So yes manufacturers have been doing this.
    Dxnnis likes this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    88

    Re: casio mdv106

    Perfectly okay to store your watch that way. As mentioned, manufacturers ship new watches that way. GREAT watch btw, I showed my Mother's husband my MDV106, and well, I lost my watch! He absolutely loves it. I bought the stainless bracelet for it and installed it for him, and although it's a folded metal bracelet, it's good quality and looks sharp! They've nearly doubled in price since I bought mine new on Ebay! Like you, I guess I should have bought two at the time.
    Last edited by Hacknwind; 3 Days Ago at 07:37.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    Your focus is your reality - Qui-Gon Jinn

  7. #6
    Member Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    somewhere in USA
    Posts
    3,362

    Re: casio mdv106

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwind View Post
    Perfectly okay to store your watch that way. As mentioned, manufacturers ship new watches that way. GREAT watch btw, I showed my Mother's husband my MDV106, and well, I lost my watch! He absolutely loves it. I bought the stainless bracelet for it and installed it for him, and although it's a folded metal bracelet, it's good quality and looks sharp! They've nearly doubled in price since I bought mine new on Ebay! Like you, I guess I should have bought two at the time.
    Walmart has them for way less than eBay...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.


  8. #7
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    52,690

    Re: casio mdv106

    I’m in a minority here but I’d much rather let the watch run and change the battery when it goes flat rather than eke a bit of extra life out of it.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    88

    Re: casio mdv106

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    Walmart has them for way less than eBay...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Coyboy: Walmart/Amazon/Ebay 49/47/45 is what I see. Perhaps your local store has it for less? Last year's, pre-tariff pricing was $29.
    Your focus is your reality - Qui-Gon Jinn

  10. #9
    Member Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    somewhere in USA
    Posts
    3,362

    Re: casio mdv106

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwind View Post
    Coyboy: Walmart/Amazon/Ebay 49/47/45 is what I see. Perhaps your local store has it for less? Last year's, pre-tariff pricing was $29.
    Yea I noticed today...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •