Which casio model in your opinion is going to be collectable in 20 years from now and why

Thread: Which casio model in your opinion is going to be collectable in 20 years from now and why

Which casio model in your opinion is going to be collectable in 20 years from now and why

I always wandered what made a watch,cheap in its time,reach so much value after some 20 years,like the dw-5500.I would like to hear your opinions.My guess is that the gw-5000 is going to cost big money after 20 years.
    I hope for nothing.I fear nothing.I am free

Re: Which casio model in your opinion is going to be collectable in 20 years from now and

I'd say you'd need to think about primarily production numbers. The lower production numbers are going to become inherently rarer and presumably worth more money much much more so than something that was being produced at 10,000 a month over a number of years.

So limited & special editions are going to be worth considering. I don't own any of those.

Of my watches I think the MRG-110T-8, because it dates back the earliest of mine ('96 I think) and if still in good condition (which it may not be, meh) and functioning in 20 years time would seem likely to be desirable.

I read somewhere that the GW-2000 was quite low in production being pretty quickly replaced by the 2500. I could be wrong about that but if so I could see it being pretty desirable as well.

I'm thinking the availability of refurbishment parts will impact on the desirability of resin models in 20 years time.

Re: Which casio model in your opinion is going to be collectable in 20 years from now and

What are the production numbers for the GW-5000 and GW-5000B?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bet that all currently popular Gs will be even more desirable as more of the bezels and straps start to crumble. The Frogmen and Raysmen in particular will be hot. The MRG Titanium Frogman will still be extremely expensive.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

naja, i guess it will be the same as now: the first g-shocks from the 80s will rise and rise in value, and the stuff released afterwards will not rise much only if its some limited edition or anniversary stuff for colectors.

but think: there will always come out new watches to collect, and not everyone collects vintage watches. so i guess it will not rise in atomic heights. only for the very early models.

its hard to say, the value may rise and fall again, and rise again....look at the early casio marlin watches. 5 years ago i let a w-400 pass by, cause 15 euro was too much for me to pay, now these days i see one on ebay sold for 70 euro.
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

I personally think that nearly any model that you have had since new that is upwards of 10 years or older and can relist and sell as new, for instance, there is a DW-5700 I would love to have, the guy has it listed as still new, but at a high premium. I am usually very picky about the condition of my watches because I keep them all in pristine condition, unless it is an official beater, I usually don't buy a used watch, unless it has been completely restored and the crystal is flawless. I do think the more valuable of the G's will be any screw back model.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Of all my Gs, only one was ever bought brand new from a store. Everything else was either second hand or NIB/LNIB, and all at less than they would have cost if I had bought them new when they first came out, as far as I know. To me they are all very collectable, but lousy if you're thinking of a financial investment. You'd probably be better off with government bonds.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Thread Information