Casio MRG Hijack! -Sadness. . .

Thread: Casio MRG Hijack! -Sadness. . .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Casio MRG Hijack! -Sadness. . .

So listen to this. I sent my two MRG 1100-2 s (Titanium Frogmans) into Casio NJ to be serviced. What for? The usual -battery replacement. however, one watch need a pin to connect the band to the base of the face. After confirming the watched got there and Casio was paid for the repais, Casio calls me up telling me that this part (simple PIN) no longer is made for this watch and I am out of luck. So they want to offer me a replacement watch. They tell me I can pick any watch in their line up worth $300. :( Not content with this result I call Casio back up and the story changes. Now they tell me that their is a pending lawsuit or injunction against Casio from Mr.G the weatherman and that they cannot due work or order parts for this watch. Furthermore, it might be possible to order a replacement part from a foreign service center. So options get a new watch for 300 or accept back a watch I cannot wear. I go for another option -I ask for a new Protrek 1500-1v (which I am wearing now -replacing my 1300) and I also ask for the MRG back. Long story short -before they shipped the Protrek I told them that if they could not ship the Protrek with the MRG I was not interested in the deal. Low and behold a Protrek was delivered the next day! NO MRG. I called up and they said they were still awaiting approval from the manager. Even more worrisome -they other watch which was FINE has not been returned yet. 2 MRG's with a street value of 500 plus have gone missing and Casio is the culprit... Any ideas on how to proceed or has anyone else encountered this problem?

Re: Casio MRG Hijack! -Sadness. . .

**sorrowful sigh** This is a bad way to have to welcome you to the forum. (Welcome! )
    Regardless of what Casio's standing with any pending lawsuit, they should return the watches to you... they are rightfully yours. I would definatley ask to speak with that particular manager and see to it that you get your G's back. I'd be so HOT if it was me.... And a few choice words...x10!! Whatever happens, please keep us up to date. I'll do a little of this for you so you don't have to... (I'm sure you've had enough of it already!)

This is crazy. A lawsuit from Mr. G, NYC weatherman?? Sounds like either you are putting us on, or someone at Casio is lying to you.

If there really is some sort of ridiculous lawsuit and they are holding your watches...I hate to break it to you, but the value of two Titanium MRG Frogmen is more than $500. Probably more like $800 at least.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome to the forum.

I have no idea about the weatherman, but the story sounds like complete BS. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

It sounds like they are trying to scam you out of your Frogs. I would call Casio and if they don't comply then call the police. This is theft and they're trying to cover things up by giving you the Protrek as a replacement so if you do complain they'll simply say that you wanted to swap the two Frogs for the Protrek. Do not delay in calling the authorities. The longer you leave it the longer it looks bad on you.
    Last edited by DragonJade; April 27th, 2009 at 06:15.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Sorry I am new and do not wish to be rude here, but some of the OP`s story sounds like BS.
    My question to the OP is why would Casio try to scram him?

Last edited by dctokyo; April 27th, 2009 at 07:07.
    My Collection so far:
    CASIO: PRX-2000YT-1JF * PRX-2000T-7JF * PRW-60

It could be that whoever received the watches at Casio is aware of the MRG Frog's rarity and resale value, and is feeding the OP this story in order to keep the watches.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

None of the facts have been embellished nor changed! I do not appreciate being called a liar. First, if true, it is highly plausible that there is an injunction against Casio -for trademark infringement. From Casio's point of view, getting MRG's out of the market is a good move b/c it presents less less of a liability. Trademark infringement is a big deal in this country. Second, Casio still has both watches. Whether or not they will be returned -time will answer that. Hopefully the complete one will be returned with no problems. They one missing the PIN however is another story. Third, the technician's story changed from no part available -to the litigation pending. I was merely relating an experience I had with fellow forum members. I AM CONCERNED b/c I love these watches and I never would have accepted a Protrek for an MRG. Casio is known for their poor performance supporting their products, either with service or returns (I have dealt with Casio logistics on many business related dealings -so this comes from first hand knowledge). But enough of my rant _ will let everyone know what comes of this after I call tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my gripes.

I was thinking the same thing re: the tech's motives. Trust me this will nto go unaccounted for :)

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    It could be that whoever received the watches at Casio is aware of the MRG Frog's rarity and resale value, and is feeding the OP this story in order to keep the watches.
    Exactly.

The story is ridiculous, and not one that Casio, or any corporation, would provide.

An individual employee is trying to rip you off.
    /Forrest

WAIT? Are you (FRHOADS) stating that Corporations do not engage in laudable or frivolous behavior that negatively effects their customers? Naivety seems to creeping up on this board at the moment. Corporations are greedy, imperfect, perpetual beings -interested in profit. Furthermore, if the tech. is responsible, it is the corporation who is responsible. The tech is an agent for the corporation and thus the corporation is liable. Law School 101.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information