Casio MTG-1000 problems.

Thread: Casio MTG-1000 problems.

Casio MTG-1000 problems.

I purchased a Casio MTG-1000 last year. The watch has run good so far untill the other day when all the hands on every dial were pointed to 12. I could get no response from any of the 4 buttons. I set the watch outside in full sun for the whole day thinkng the internal battery was depleted. No luck. The watch is dead.

My next step is sending it in for repair. The warranty period is 1 year right??

Anyone have any ideas on what to try??

Re: Casio MTG-1000 problems.

Perhaps the watch was mistakenly entered in to Home Position setting mode. This moves all hands to 12 at one stage. See page 4 of the manual.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thank you for the response.

As I stated initially, I get no reaction from any button pushed, nor any combination of buttons pushed. No reaction from the watch no matter what procedure I try.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well what is there to say... You could take the back off, perform a reset, and/or change the battery yourself, or you could call Casio who will probably have you send your watch to New Jersey or LA depending on where you're at for service. I have one experience sending a G-Shock to the West Coast service center, and it was a good experience. The watch was out of warranty and about 70 bucks if I remember correctly for a movement swap. Turn around was two weeks after the estimate was approved. [edit: that is, assuming you're in the US. Usually it's US folks that ask for information that could be locale-specific without specifying that they are in the US. ]
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thread Information