Casio MTG1000G-9A, or comparable...which to choose?

Thread: Casio MTG1000G-9A, or comparable...which to choose?

Casio MTG1000G-9A, or comparable...which to choose?

I fell in love with the MTG1000G-9A as soon as I saw it, then my co-worker had to show me the Citizen Promaster Carbon BJ2135-00E. I've also got my eye on the Casio Waveceptor WVQ550A-1A1V, and the Casio G-Shock Giez GS100-2A. Too many choices! I really like the idea of the solar/atomic, so that will probably rule out the Waveceptor. Does anybody have any thoughts on the other 3? Also, if anybody could recommend a good seller, it would be appreciated. I can E-bay it, but I know for the Citizen, that voids any warranty. Does Casio warranty any online sales? Sorry for all of the questions, and any help/advice is appreciated.

Re: Casio MTG1000G-9A, or comparable...which to choose?

I say go for the MTG1000.

And welcome to WUS!

(by the way, I sent you a PM)
    Last edited by BenL; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I saw go for the MTG1000.

And welcome to WUS!
    +1

Love my MT-G1000G-9A.

Great watch!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll probably get flamed on this board for what I'm about to say, but...

If price isn't a concern for you, the Citizen is a waaaaay better watch than any of the Casios on your list. I have both a MTG-1000 and a Skyhawk AT, plus I've owned a Giez. There's no comparison between the two manufacturers in terms of quality of materials, execution of design, better lume, etc. Also, the Citizen will dress up better than the MTG. Note that you'll lose the Atomic sync feature with the particular Citizen you've chosen. It is Eco-Drive technology (solar), but not atomic.

The MTG is a resin case, albeit nicely executed, but not steel like the Citizen. The G-Shock structure takes up a lot of room so the face is small compared to the case and the subdials are difficult to read. But it will withstand a beating if you're hard on your watches and will cost you less than the Citizen you're looking at, with 5-band atomic sync technology to boot.

I like my MTG - although I've had it up for sale now and then with no takers - as well as my other Gs. But I think the Citizens are a step up in every sense.

My opinion only...take it for what it's worth!
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

Quote Originally Posted by nuovorecord View Post
    I'll probably get flamed on this board for what I'm about to say, but...

If price isn't a concern for you, the Citizen is a waaaaay better watch than any of the Casios on your list. I have both a MTG-1000 and a Skyhawk AT, plus I've owned a Giez. There's no comparison between the two manufacturers in terms of quality of materials, execution of design, better lume, etc. Also, the Citizen will dress up better than the MTG. Note that you'll lose the Atomic sync feature with the particular Citizen you've chosen. It is Eco-Drive technology (solar), but not atomic.

The MTG is a resin case, albeit nicely executed, but not steel like the Citizen. The G-Shock structure takes up a lot of room so the face is small compared to the case and the subdials are difficult to read. But it will withstand a beating if you're hard on your watches and will cost you less than the Citizen you're looking at, with 5-band atomic sync technology to boot.

I like my MTG - although I've had it up for sale now and then with no takers - as well as my other Gs. But I think the Citizens are a step up in every sense.

My opinion only...take it for what it's worth!
    Thank you for your honest opinion...that's what I'm looking for. The Citizen would only be about $50 more than the Casio...at that point, I'm NOT letting the money decide for me. If the Citizen is a much better watch, then I'd rather have the Citizen. I've got a couple of low-end G-Shocks, and they've been GREAT watches. I've never owned one of the more expensive ones. I did have a Solar G-shock that my wife got me and it went bad at about 1 year old. The watch would keep blanking out and then it would come back on and it would be reset. I figured the battery was bad, and my wife only paid $35 on sale, so it wasn't worth it for me to send it in.

Thread Information