Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Hey there,

    I bought a Mudmaster GWG-1000-1A3JF a few months ago and it's showing signs of unusual wear. Maybe this wear is totally normal, but I have a few other Gshocks and they haven't worn like this. The rubber coating on the outside of the watch seems to be peeling off. I purchased the watch off of Amazon and am pretty sure it's a genuine watch (because of the packaging, reviews, etc).

    My question is whether or not this wear is totally normal. In a few months I can see the "COMP" being totally peeled off.

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  911.5 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  939.4 KB

  2. #2
    Member WES51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles Area, California
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    A new bezel is a bit more than $10 + shipping at PacParts.

  3. #3
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    54
    Well, that seems really, really strange. I'm pretty sure that's a fake watch or you have some seriously defected version from the Casio's factory. I sold my GWG-1000 after over two year's daily use and grinding and it looked perfectly new with only few little scratches and you saw them only when looking directly them in the right light. But absolutely zero signs of rubber coating or anything like that.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
    Well, that seems really, really strange. I'm pretty sure that's a fake watch or you have some seriously defected version from the Casio's factory. I sold my GWG-1000 after over two year's daily use and grinding and it looked perfectly new with only few little scratches and you saw them only when looking directly them in the right light. But absolutely zero signs of rubber coating or anything like that.
    It's not a fake GWG-1000. I've ran it through as many fake or genuine tests I could find and it passes them flawlessly. I guess I just got a bad bezel.

    Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    A new bezel is a bit more than $10 + shipping at PacParts.
    Didn't even know that was an option. Will look into changing it out. Thanks!

  6. #5
    Member WES51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles Area, California
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Check it out some other spare pars at PacParts as well. So far I hamstered 2x bezel, 1x band and 1x city ring. I got a small supply of these parts because I want to keep the watch for a long time and I heard that sometimes Casio restricts the sale of certain parts and then they simply won't be available any more.

    By the way, initially you have mentioned "rubber coating".
    Quote Originally Posted by Barraged View Post
    The rubber coating on the outside of the watch seems to be peeling off.
    To my best knowledge all Mudmaster bezels are NOT rubber coated. So if yours feels rubbery then maybe something was wrong with the material to begin with.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    Check it out some other spare pars at PacParts as well. So far I hamstered 2x bezel, 1x band and 1x city ring. I got a small supply of these parts because I want to keep the watch for a long time and I heard that sometimes Casio restricts the sale of certain parts and then they simply won't be available any more.

    By the way, initially you have mentioned "rubber coating".
    To my best knowledge all Mudmaster bezels are NOT rubber coated. So if yours feels rubbery then maybe something was wrong with the material to begin with.
    I really appreciate the information, just grabbed a new bezel. I don't know if rubber was the right way to describe the coating, because it definitely wasn't rubber, it was just soft. When it began peeling, I was able to grab it with a pair of tweezers and pull it and there was elasticity to it.

    I've gone through all the features and have inspected the watch--it's genuine. I guess it was just a bad bezel?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    438

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Did you make contact with some chemical solvent that's effective on polyurethane?

  9. #8
    Member Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    somewhere in USA
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    This looks like the bezel melted did it come in contact with a hot surface of some kind or some chemical? The resin looks warped.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.


  10. #9
    Member WES51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles Area, California
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barraged View Post
    I really appreciate the information, just grabbed a new bezel.
    You are very welcome.

    There is a thread here somewhere on how to change it easily, but I just can't find it. I remember it was mentioned to soak the watch and bezel in hot water (bathroom hot) to get this done easier. Also if I remember correctly it was said to start on the sensor side.

    Scary YouTube video on complete disassembly of your Mudmaster:
    https://youtu.be/-jVz7TzWDQU

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Casio Mudmaster Rubber Coating?

    Thanks for all the replies on the thread guys.

    Do you think the rubbing alcohol I used to clean the watch could have caused the bezel to begin to peel? I would usually clean the watch with rubbing alcohol then toothbrush it with soapy water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: Casio Pathfinder rubber strap (new/unused)
      By mattusss in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: January 10th, 2011, 18:56
    2. Dye Casio resin / rubber parts?
      By a.sasaki15 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: March 20th, 2010, 17:51
    3. Can I find a Casio red rubber strap for AW-304?
      By kaissa in forum Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: January 29th, 2010, 19:39
    4. FS New Casio Giez rubber strap with screws $20.00 shipped!
      By falcon4311 in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: September 24th, 2009, 16:25
    5. Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 14th, 2008, 02:56

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •