Casio new 200M solar watch

Thread: Casio new 200M solar watch

Casio new 200M solar watch

I just saw this at Walmart today. The 200M model is about $34.95. (The link below shows $32.95)
    They also had a smaller 50M model.

Walmart.com: Casio Men's Rugged Solar Digital Watch: Watches
    ShockMister

Fortaleza, Brazil. "The land of the sun" 30C /86F , all year long...

Re: Casio new 200M solar watch

Cool, I like it. Old school look...

Looks like they've stuck an updated version of the AL-180 module in a new heavy duty 200m case. I like it. The new version of this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, I guess it's been about 45 days since I bought the 50M solar version of this. I haven't worn it yet, just put it in a drawer after setting it up to my personal liking. It's a drawer that I keep partially open most of the time so I figured it would be okay. But I was WRONG.

It was blank when I checked it this morning. I've been trying to charge it up for a while now. 12:01, no luck. 12:01 again. 12:05, no luck. 12:05 again. It didn't have a power save I guess. Each time I try to take it into change/set to reset the time it goes blank.

I'll have to treat it more carefully from now on. Give it the energy and light that it requires.
    Last edited by ShockMister; August 18th, 2012 at 18:14.
    ShockMister

...just tried it again at 1:05 (It reset itself 1 hour and 5 minutes ago.) Still no luck! Maybe I'll try taking it outside, although it's partially cloudy still.
    ShockMister

I just read the manual for the "Batteryless" model. It says that it requires 90 hours of indoor lighting to get back to low charge, 140 for a full charge. I think 60 minutes of outdoor sunlight, and 90 minutes for a full charge.

I can actually set it while it is receiving light if I do it carefully. But the second it is removed from that light source, it loses all memory.

I understand this is necessary. But it's more excessive than I realized. I was wanting to wear the watch yesterday. I wish I had known this.
    ShockMister

By the way, it simply required REAL sunlight to get working again. Just a FEW MINUTES and DONE. After being in sunlight I couldn't get it to reset again even if I covered it for a while. It was charged for good.

Today I bought the 200M version and it is AWESOME! Kind of a cross between the 5600 and the DW290 with its all plastic case. Mineral crystal. Perfection!
    ShockMister

Thread Information