Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By azigman

Thread: Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I can't add much to the information in these previous attached posts but must thank the posters for the valuable information that led me to purchase one of these incredible watches. The strength of the dollar vs. yen was also a big help because the price was right. I had vacillated between a Citizen Attesa vs the Casio Oceanus. The Oceanus won out after researching both. I was really looking for the high tech solar atomic world time without the distractions of extra hands and markings on the dial and the markings on the Oceanus are so subtle that what you see in this image does not reflect what you see when wearing the watch. One almost has to go to a strong light source with a magnifying glass to see the world time markings.

I purchased this watch from Chino Watch. This is my second purchase from them (first was a Seiko SBBN017 Tuna) and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them as an absolutely reliable, expedient, high quality dealer for your JDM watches. Ordered the watch a week ago on a Friday from Southern CA. They got back to me with the invoice later that day but I was unavailable to do the PayPal transaction until late Sat. evening so lost out time wise. That being said, I received the watch in perfect condition, well packed and protected with a hand written thank you and a beautiful post card included last Friday AM and had it resized for my wrist and synchronized with LAX time in less than a week from when it was ordered.

I have had the Citizen CB0020-50E for about a year and a half. Functionally, it is almost identical but I just never cared for the markings on the bezel and dial. I also wanted to step up to titanium so the Oceanus gives me just what I am looking for.

Time to flip the Citizen but will wait until after the holiday shipping insanity to post it for sale.

Name:  IMG_1827-2.jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  139.4 KB

I won't add additional images because there are so many already excellent ones in the attached posts. I again want to thank hashashin and mandobear for the excellent reviews and all the answers they provided regarding this watch.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/fi...00-851782.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/oce...s-1037377.html

Seasons Greetings to all!

Be well,

AZ
    mcnabbanov likes this.
    "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
    Douglas Adams Life, the Universe and Everything

Re: Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Great new Oceanus! I like both the silver and the black versions very much. You are right, it is very subtle and refined without a lot of stuff going on. But then you have the Atomic keeping perfect time. Enjoy your new watch my friend!

got a quick question for you. i'm interested in this watch but the specs i located indicated that it would only fit up to an 8 inch wrist. mine is slightly larger. can you give me an idea of what overall band length might be with all of the links in it? Thanks a lot!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Glad you like your Oceanus.

Happy to have been able to "enable" you.
    Wear it in the very best of health.

P.S. - Nice photo!

Quote Originally Posted by hydo View Post
    got a quick question for you. i'm interested in this watch but the specs i located indicated that it would only fit up to an 8 inch wrist. mine is slightly larger. can you give me an idea of what overall band length might be with all of the links in it? Thanks a lot!
    I have a 6 3/4 in wrist and removed 3 and 1/2 links. The length of the links I removed is 3 cm or approximately 1.2 inches so by my calculation that would be approximately 7.95" or pretty close to what you quoted.

I would suggest contacting the seller or Casio directly to see if they can include additional links. I know that other big name brands will do this but don't know about Casio.

Hope this helps.

BTW, in the future, I would suggest that you PM folks with questions like this, especially on ancient posts. It was purely accidental that I discovered this question while searching for something totally unrelated on previous posts of mine. I would have no reason to look back at a post of mine from December of last year.

Be well,

AZ
    "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
    Douglas Adams Life, the Universe and Everything

Thread Information