Casio Oceanus running 4 mins ahead
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By kenls
  • 3 Post By tomchicago
  • 2 Post By Dan GSR

Thread: Casio Oceanus running 4 mins ahead

My few months old Casio Oceanus Manta has been running 4 minutes early since a few weeks.
    I charged it in the Sun. Kept it by the window at night for it to acquire the time radio signal but no difference.

Should I manually adjust time ( then whats the point of it being radio controlled ?) . Also the way to set the time manually seems a little tricky .
    Or should I take the second hand to the REC sign to see if it will acquire signal in a few hours?

Suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Casio Oceanus running 4 mins ahead

This thread might help
    memento_mori likes this.
    Ken

Casio G-Shock
    GW-4000D. GWG-1000. GG-1000. GW-M5610-1ER (x2). DW-5600BBN.
    MTG-S1000V. GW-9400-1CR. GW-9400 x2). G-9300. GW-5000.
    GMW-B5000. DW-5600HRGRZ. GW-B5600HR. (Hydro’d watches)

Casio Pro-Trek
    PRW-6600Y-1ER

Thanks will look into it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sync inevitably becomes a pain to me. Did the watch sync? Did it not? Why not? I'd prefer to see Casio simply build a HAQ quartz movement similar to Citizen 0100s, Citizen Chronomaster, or Grand Seiko 9F and no hassles or external time dependencies.
    Badger18, kcohS-G and Dan T. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    Sync inevitably becomes a pain to me. Did the watch sync? Did it not? Why not? I'd prefer to see Casio simply build a HAQ quartz movement similar to Citizen 0100s, Citizen Chronomaster, or Grand Seiko 9F and no hassles or external time dependencies.
    Would you also pay 2-3k for it ???
    memento_mori and Dan T. like this.

I like HAQ. But on the other hand, with Bluetooth = sync is certainty. The chance that even entry level Casio/Oceanus will be off by more than 0.1 sec within 10 years is next to zero. HAQ will be off by more than a minute after 10 years.

If Casio/Oceanus sort out small sync bugs in their software (which still remain as of July 2019: for example phone restart breaks connection and requires one manual sync to "prime" auto sync) it will be time to only consider cesium HAQ as competition.
    Last edited by Chasy; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:35.

From us obsessive compulsive disorder patients’ perspective, it’s either synced therefore exactly accurate, or not. There’s no middle ground. 1sec a year does not bring any consolation vs 100sec a year. :P definitely does not worth the price whatsoever.

Thread Information