Casio Oceanus T1000 Crown Failure
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tomchicago
  • 1 Post By lvt

Thread: Casio Oceanus T1000 Crown Failure

Casio Oceanus T1000 Crown Failure

Hello,

Maybe you can help (I don't trust local service centers in Ukraine). My watches fell down and now when I pull out the crown nothing happens, I can't adjust time/date etc., the first action (pulling out the crown) works fine, second hand moves to correct position (whichever it is), but when I rotate the crown nothing happens. There is no visible damage to the watches, other buttons work just fine. I decided to disassemble the watches and it got even worse...now the sound is gone and my time zone switched to TYO (which is default I think), time remains the same, but I guess the year has switched because date is correct but day of the week is not. I only unscrewed the screws, removed the cover, understood that it's a small piece of space technology and then put the things back. I will visit local service center in Kyiv but I have doubts that they've ever seen Casio Oceanus here because the most expensive Casio I saw in local store was around 50$.

Maybe some of you have met same issue before and will be able to help me? Maybe there is a way to change the time zone by interacting with the buttons/holes under the cover? There are a lot of them (I don't think I managed to find a manual though).

Banned

Re: Casio Oceanus T1000 Crown Failure

Quote Originally Posted by AlexOceanus View Post
    Hello,

Maybe you can help (I don't trust local service centers in Ukraine). My watches fell down and now when I pull out the crown nothing happens, I can't adjust time/date etc., the first action (pulling out the crown) works fine, second hand moves to correct position (whichever it is), but when I rotate the crown nothing happens. There is no visible damage to the watches, other buttons work just fine. I decided to disassemble the watches and it got even worse...now the sound is gone and my time zone switched to TYO (which is default I think), time remains the same, but I guess the year has switched because date is correct but day of the week is not. I only unscrewed the screws, removed the cover, understood that it's a small piece of space technology and then put the things back. I will visit local service center in Kyiv but I have doubts that they've ever seen Casio Oceanus here because the most expensive Casio I saw in local store was around 50$.

Maybe some of you have met same issue before and will be able to help me? Maybe there is a way to change the time zone by interacting with the buttons/holes under the cover? There are a lot of them (I don't think I managed to find a manual though).
    my buddy in the Ukraine once told me he has good and reliable service centres in the Ukraine,i will hit him up and get back to you.
    but before then do nothing you do not know about or you might just permanently spoil your watch

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    When opening it you probably lost the alarm spring that makes contact with the piezo-speaker at the inside of the caseback - therefore the alarm no longer works.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello Mr Alex, i have same problem in my Oceanus T1000. Can you let me know how was your watch's crown problem fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by MobOceanus View Post
    Hello Mr Alex, i have same problem in my Oceanus T1000. Can you let me know how was your watch's crown problem fixed?
    Thread is 5 years old with op having one post. Doubt you get a response from him.

2 first posts in this thread! By new member MobOceanus and AlexOceanus!
    Steelerswit likes this.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    2 first posts in this thread! By new member MobOceanus and AlexOceanus!
    Maybe they are twin
    Steelerswit likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Sneaky way to necro-post bump.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Thread Information