Casio Owner - Day 1
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Casio Owner - Day 1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Casio Owner - Day 1

I would like to extend my heartful thanks to the members of this forum, I have been silently lurking for about a month and have read many, many posts educating me about the G-Shock brand.

I am a former U.S. Army Infantry Officer who wore a Seiko automatic dive watch during my active duty days, I beat the crap out of that watch and it served me well. After the Army I bought and still have a Rolex Submariner, it too has served me well (albeit considerably less abuse than my previous watch).

I have always been primarily a one watch guy. Weird huh?

Well, I have been searching for a watch with the elements of accuracy, durability, low to zero maintenance, a high level of water resistancy and no bling. I've tried the Seiko Kinetic and the Citizen Eco-Drives. Naah, just didn't have the "it" factor for me.

I then discovered this forum. After quite a few hours (just ask my wife) of reading your posts I decided on and ordered from Seiya a Casio GW-5000 G-Shock watch. It arrived 4 days after ordering (including the weekend) - it is awesome and EVERYTHING that I hoped it to be. I highly recommend you bite the bullet and place your order if you haven't already.

So, I guess I'm a two watch guy... for now.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Bozzy, Nemo, WTM and 7 others like this.

Re: Casio Owner - Day 1

Welcome to the forum!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Suspended

Oooh, that's a nice one! What a way to start, but you know you can't stop at just one. You need a red one and a grass cutting one and one for Tuesdays and one for vacation and one for when you are feeling sad and one for when you are watching TV...

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service.
    Quadka likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your new watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNY View Post
    I have always been primarily a one watch guy. Weird huh?

I then discovered this forum. After quite a few hours (just ask my wife) of reading your posts I decided on and ordered from Seiya a Casio GW-5000 G-Shock watch. It arrived 4 days after ordering (including the weekend) - it is awesome and EVERYTHING that I hoped it to be. I highly recommend you bite the bullet and place your order if you haven't already.

So, I guess I'm a two watch guy... for now.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Greetings Jeff... and Welcome to the Forum!

I "used to be a normal one watch guy" ... Heh! , but that didn't last long. I've been collecting for many years now. Long before I discovered this forum.

Then I come across this thread and would'nt you know it, the _ONE_ watch I don't have yet... you have to buy, and endorse, and get me drooling over ... AGAIN!...ha...ha...ha....

Nice to have you here, two watch guy....

Cheers...
    Fujoor likes this.

good introduction post. a sub and a gw-5000... nice combination. actually, more than nice.

i think the gw-5000 is one of casio's most encouraging releases. it says to me, 'this shape is here to stay, we recognize the design and honor it.' ok, i am getting maudlin.

the one-watch philosophy is one i completely empathize with. i play music and for at least 10 years i have been a one ax kind of guy. others can't understand it, but for me it's peaceful knowing, 'yes, this is mine, this is it.' so too if you had a watch like a rolex, or for others a timex, and you weren't looking for a new hobby, you could say, 'i have a watch, this is that watch, and it fulfills my need for a watch.'

a popular thought-experiment thread are the '1 watch?' and all its mutant offspring hypotheticals. actually, i think i could be content with 2 watches, like you have. right now mine might be a gw-5000b and dornbleuth center second.

the g-shock's price is really interesting. it allows the watch to be more fun, impulsive, worn, accessible.... but it also punctures some of the headiness that you get when you're talking about collections of $1,000 and up timepieces. soon you're ordering ever-larger rubbermaid boxes to store them all and your watch collection resembles your niece's beanie bag obsession long outgrown. hmmm, what am i driving at.... ??

welcome to the forum and hope you stick around.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Welcome to the forum and I, too, thank you for your service. (My father was an infantry lieutenant; he led a platoon in combat iin WWII. I wonder what watch he was issued? A Hammy? A Benrus?)

I'm curious: Now that you're becoming acquainted with the GW-5000, how do you think you would have liked it during your time of active duty? Do you think you might have gotten more use out of it than the Seiko? Would the stopwatches, timers, backlight, alarms been of any real use to you?

Welcome to the forum, Jeff! Got pics?

Welcome along.

Youve started at the top of the shop with the GW5000! Im sure youll need at least a GW6900 and a Pathfinder to go along with it though...

Wink Re: Casio Owner - Day 1

Welcome to WUS but, I can't see the pictures of your baby...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information