Casio Press Release 2016 Baselworld
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Casio Press Release 2016 Baselworld

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Casio Press Release 2016 Baselworld

Gulfmaster with quad sensor is something new, surprised they didn't put the quad sensor in the new frog as well. This dilutes the appeal of the frog for me, surprised that they didn't make depth sensor a unique selling point for the frogman

CF case in the Gulfmaster?! Did I read that right?!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

that MR-G with that traditional Japanese metal hammering looks sweet!!

that Quad Sensor.. pretty cool. made the frogman that isn't even out yet already outdated.. lol
    Last edited by starscream; March 16th, 2016 at 12:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverswoosh View Post
    CF case in the Gulfmaster?! Did I read that right?!
    I missed that the first time reading through it, I'm very intrigued now. May be it is some sort of carbon composite, as I can't see how carbon fibre can be easily moulded to the shape of a watch case

Just read the press again, the Gulfmaster is surely the new ultimate G-Shock (except for the 60min CDT ) laden with all the features: quad sensor, sunset/rise, tide graph, moon age and CF case (whatever that is). I'm surprised that they didn't give it sapphire crystal as well, seeing as the Mudmaster got it
    Last edited by aalin13; March 16th, 2016 at 12:18.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Very interesting they are making the Gulfmaster to have even more features than the Frogman and the new Protreks. At least before they release more models with quad sensors. By the way, I doubt it's actually 4 sensors, because you can use the same pressure gauge for measuring atmospheric pressure and water depth, just plug in different calculations.

Anyone find the "3D Globe Motif" of the new Edifice even more "high tech"? LOL

Casio to Release EDIFICE with Inset Dial Featuring Planet Earth Motif

"The EQB-600D features 3D Globe Dial, a dome-shaped multidimensional inset dial with an Earth motif that displays the world time in an imaginative and aesthetically pleasing way. The finely detailed Earth motif is realized using the advanced molding techniques of Yamagata Casio Co., Ltd., the production base of Casio in Japan. A polarized deposition finish makes the color change at different viewing angles, adding further refinement to the watch.

3D Globe Dial works in conjunction with the world time shown on the inset dial at the 8 o’clock position, and it gradually rotates once every 24 hours just like Earth. The curved inset dial hand indicates the time zone for the world time city. When the inset dial hand is in the upper half of the 3D Global Dial, it indicates that it is nighttime (between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.) in that time zone, and when in the lower half, it indicates that it is daytime (between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.) in that time zone. This provides a visual daytime and nighttime indication, in addition to the time indication."
    Wow... a 3D rotating earth with day and night indications! How intriguing and such ground breaking invention!
    idkfa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Anyone find the "3D Globe Motif" of the new Edifice even more "high tech"? LOL

Wow... a 3D rotating earth with day and night indications! How intriguing and such ground breaking invention!
    time for me to build a house with no windows since casio has a watch that can tell me if its day time or night time

A little more information on some of the models:

Gulfmaster (It does have a Sapphire Crystal)-

G-SHOCK - PRODUCTS - BASELWORLD 2016 - CASIO

GWF-D1000-

G-SHOCK - PRODUCTS - BASELWORLD 2016 - CASIO

PRW-7000-

PRO TREK - PRODUCTS - BASELWORLD 2016 - CASIO

Other Watches-

PRODUCT - BASELWORLD 2016 - CASIO

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    A little more information on some of the models:

PRW-7000-

PRO TREK - PRODUCTS - BASELWORLD 2016 - CASIO
    From this side view picture of the PRW-7000, looks like it has resin case with metal bezel, not full metal. I really like the new Quad Gulfmaster, but given that the PRW7000 is priced at $700USD, I wouldn't surprise they will price the Gulfy the same or even more.

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Gulfmaster with quad sensor is something new, surprised they didn't put the quad sensor in the new frog as well. This dilutes the appeal of the frog for me, surprised that they didn't make depth sensor a unique selling point for the frogman
    Is there actually a difference between the Gulfmaster "quad sensor" and the Frogman "triple sensor" with depth? Unless I missed something, this just looks like a marketing / branding mixup.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information