> Casio PRG-110/PRW-1300 barometric pressure graph resets

Thread: > Casio PRG-110/PRW-1300 barometric pressure graph resets

Banned

Casio PRG-110/PRW-1300 barometric pressure graph resets

I bought a new Casio PRG-110T-7v from ebay and got it a week ago, and I like it very much.

[According for specifications and some web sites, the PRG-110 is the little sister of the the PRW-1300, but without the waveceptor radio control technology, which doesn't interest me (also makes me save at least 100€), that's why i am asking to both users]

As with the PRW-1300, this watch has the barometric pressure graph to indicate the change in atmosphere and weather prediction (like my older Casio Geotrial FTS-101, which had only pressure sensor). but yesterday i noticed an undesirable behavior:
    I went with some friends to a place at 40-50 km away (altitude at 100-150m meters higher than home altitude) from where i live, and after an hour or so i found that the barometric graph was resetted (there was only 1 pixel on the right-most pixel area), then after 2 hours another one was set (as expected, measurement every 2 hours), and when i came back home, i found that it reseted the graph another time....

Is this a normal behavior? when there is a change in altitude or big difference with atmospheric pressure it resets the barometric history graph?
    Last edited by Grend0; June 20th, 2008 at 11:00.

Re: > Casio PRG-110/PRW-1300 barometric pressure graph resets

Quote Originally Posted by Grend0 View Post
    I bought a new Casio PRG-110T-7v from ebay and got it a week ago, and I like it very much.

[According for specifications and some web sites, the PRG-110 is the little sister of the the PRW-1300, but without the waveceptor radio control technology, which doesn't interest me (also makes me save at least 100€), that's why i am asking to both users]

As with the PRW-1300, this watch has the barometric pressure graph to indicate the change in atmosphere and weather prediction (like my older Casio Geotrial FTS-101, which had only pressure sensor). but yesterday i noticed an undesirable behavior:
    I went with some friends to a place at 40-50 km away (altitude at 100-150m meters higher than home altitude) from where i live, and after an hour or so i found that the barometric graph was resetted (there was only 1 pixel on the right-most pixel area), then after 2 hours another one was set (as expected, measurement every 2 hours), and when i came back home, i found that it reseted the graph another time....

Is this a normal behavior? when there is a change in altitude or big difference with atmospheric pressure it resets the barometric history graph?
    It hasn't reset. What's happened is that you've had a huge change in altitude, so the barometric pressure has literally gone off the scale. If the graph display was taller, you'd still see the graph, but the latest reading is too high (or too low) for both it and the previous readings to be visible simultaneously.

If the pressure drops a lot, you'd expect to see the latest pixel in the bottom right. If the pressure rises a lot, you'd see the latest pixel in the top right.

Just to clarify...

The graph display isn't fixed in terms of the pressure scale. It's not like the bottom is always 1000 and the top is always 1008.

Basically, the graph will always display the latest reading. So if the current scale is 1000 to 1008, and the latest reading is 1009, the scale will be adjusted to 1001 to 1009; the rest of the graph will shuffle down one pixel, and the latest reading will appear in the top right. Similarly, but the other way round, if the latest reading is lower than the current bottom end of the scale.

They do this because (a) generally, pressure changes are gradual enough that they don't go off the scale, and (b) if they tried to fit the whole possible range of pressures on that tiny graph, you wouldn't see much variation as genuine pressure differences would be impossible to spot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Thanks dudegalea, this explains everything, i understand that the scale is dynamic, but this explainaing didn't come to my mind :thanks

Thread Information