Casio ProTrek PRG-600YB-3JF issue with button
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kcohS-G

Thread: Casio ProTrek PRG-600YB-3JF issue with button

Casio ProTrek PRG-600YB-3JF issue with button

Hello guys I bought completely new Casio ProTrek PRG-600YB-3JF from eBay and I love it but it has a small issue which annoys me. All buttons on the watch work perfectly except the bottom left one for switching modes. That one works as well but when I try to press it its noticeably harder to press than others. Is this normal or a defect? If it is can I fix it or should I return the watch and buy new one?

Re: Casio ProTrek PRG-600YB-3JF issue with button

If the button functions, it is not really a 'defect'. Difficult to advise because the stiffness of it's operation is a subjective opinion from you, unless you can do a 'force test' on each button giving a scientific measurement needed for each button for comparison. I have the GWG1000 which has a similar module, though not the same, and I suppose some of the buttons are a bit stiffer to use than others, but I never consider this in anyway a fault.

I do hope that another user of this specific watch is able to respond and put your mind at rest. In the meantime, enjoy it...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    If the button functions, it is not really a 'defect'. Difficult to advise because the stiffness of it's operation is a subjective opinion from you, unless you can do a 'force test' on each button giving a scientific measurement needed for each button for comparison. I have the GWG1000 which has a similar module, though not the same, and I suppose some of the buttons are a bit stiffer to use than others, but I never consider this in anyway a fault.

I do hope that another user of this specific watch is able to respond and put your mind at rest. In the meantime, enjoy it...

Thanks for the answer.. I hope the button will loosen up as the time passes.. Its just feels annoying that all buttons feel "fine" except this one which is really stiff and doesn't feel like the others.. I would feel better if all the buttons acted like this and not just one and that's what annoys me :P

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Imho if theres considerable difference, id rather return it and get a new one.
    GaryK30 likes this.

I have some Gs and one Pro Trek that have a tactile click on one or more buttons when the button has not been pressed for awhile (say a day or a week -- depends on the watch). On subsequent presses of the button, immediately after the first press, the tactile click is not present.

If you're saying that one button is harder to press on the first press and on subsequent presses, I'd exchange the watch for another one. There is no guarantee that it will loosen up over time.

Thread Information