Casio PRW-2000-1ER Initial Impressions. . . . .

Thread: Casio PRW-2000-1ER Initial Impressions. . . . .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Casio PRW-2000-1ER Initial Impressions. . . . .

My first and very early thoughts on Casio's newest European release ProTrek,the PRW-2000-1ER.Watch arrived in brown Protrek box inside is like a balsa-wood type crate/display case thick instruction manual module number is 3172.The watch was set to Berlin so after setting home city as,"London",it synced effortlessly on first set up.The display has a slightly dark(ish)appearance contrast-wise but the watch itself is large but extremely thin for a Protrek and very light.Oh and if You love features on a watch then this is for You!The Sunrise/Sunset times are an added bonus for an Airline Pilot like Me as are the 24-Hour stopwatch/countdown timer.I will take pictures later and let You Guys judge!

Re: Casio PRW-2000-1ER Initial Impressions. . . . .

I'm quite interested in this watch... just wish it was a bit more colourful so I'm waiting for a special edition.

Get us some pics! Don't do it whilst flying though!

I dont even need pics, you had me at 24hr CDT!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is the Euro- version Black or Grey?

Pics!!!!

I like the looks of the watch but love the thicker size of the 80 and 1100 series.

This could put me over the top though! I am curious to see new variations that will come out in the future too.

Congrats on the new piece! It always makes me feel like a little kid again for a few days!

The colour is a real dark grey very cool its so comfortable on the wrist i managed to set up Sunrise/Sunset time for My hometown in North Devon and the watch is practically spot on.

just out of interest, why are the sunrise and sunset times an added bonus?

we need pics of this watch!!

Quote Originally Posted by lee172 View Post
    just out of interest, why are the sunrise and sunset times an added bonus?

we need pics of this watch!!
    Hi Lee i've posted pics in a seperate post just a few items down the Sunrise/Sunset times is very useful for Me as flight rules are different for night flying than day flying i also think Casio have stolen the idea from Suunto and their range of Core watches but You can configure the Casio PRW-2000 to get Sunrise/Sunset times for Your particular Town/City.

Quote Originally Posted by owen1939 View Post
    Is the Euro- version Black or Grey?

Pics!!!!

I like the looks of the watch but love the thicker size of the 80 and 1100 series.

This could put me over the top though! I am curious to see new variations that will come out in the future too.

Congrats on the new piece! It always makes me feel like a little kid again for a few days!
    Casio will no doubt release multiple versions of the 2000, standard resin & Ti bracelet are out. I think it would be safe to say they will release a version on strap adapters, and possibly some more colours green etc.

One trend is that with the 1300/110 and 1500/130 Casio has revised the module improving accuracy etc. This might be worth noting for those who are wanting a different version and prepared to wait beyond the initial release.

Q-6

The 24 hour CDT has me really close to buying this watch.

I just like the thicker size of the 80 and 1100 series. I guess I will get used to it after some time. The 1300 series just seemed too flimsy to me. I know its not but thats how it felt.

Does the "dual-layer" display (LCD) make it more difficult to see this display compared to the 80 and 1100 series?

Quote Originally Posted by owen1939 View Post
    The 24 hour CDT has me really close to buying this watch.

I just like the thicker size of the 80 and 1100 series. I guess I will get used to it after some time. The 1300 series just seemed too flimsy to me. I know its not but thats how it felt.

Does the "dual-layer" display (LCD) make it more difficult to see this display compared to the 80 and 1100 series?
    The 2000 is thiner again than the 1300/110 which also has a 24hr CDT. The display should be no worse than the 80/1100 as they too use the same duplex technology. The module is the same as the PRX-2000 and all reports are of a good clear display.

Q-6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information