Casio PRW-6000 thread
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Casio PRW-6000 thread

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Casio PRW-6000 thread

I'm really interested to know the features of this Protrek.
    Also, it would be great to see some real life pictures.
    I guess I'm asking a bit too much... But if someone can shine some light on this it would be great!!

The only picture of them so far:

Name:  PRW-6000 01.jpg
Views: 21468
Size:  186.4 KB
    Last edited by MG Designs; January 27th, 2014 at 21:13.
    Chrisek, harald-hans and isometrus like this.

Brands:

Casio / Citizen / Mido / Orient / Tissot / Suunto / Seiko / Hamilton / Titan / Bucherer

Re: Casio PRW-6000 thread

This is a first pro trek EVER that I do not like...

- design looks to much like a "sad face"... somehow that status subdial doesn't work with this design... maby it would look better at 12 o clock?
    - skeleton hands just don't cut it for me. Skeleton hands are just to hard to read
    - I worry about usability as well between smart access and digital part
    - Du no why but this model somehow feels that it should belong to Aviator line, not the pro trek line
    etc...
    harald-hans likes this.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    This is a first pro trek EVER that I do not like...

- design looks to much like a "sad face"... somehow that status subdial doesn't work with this design... maby it would look better at 12 o clock?
    - skeleton hands just don't cut it for me. Skeleton hands are just to hard to read
    - I worry about usability as well between smart access and digital part
    - Du no why but this model somehow feels that it should belong to Aviator line, not the pro trek line
    etc...
    Answering your points:

- I don't see that sad face... however, I agree that the subdial position it's not the best.
    - I love skeleton hands!!
    - This is the part I'm intrigued. Let's see how did Casio work it out.
    - Another fact that I like about this watch, it's a mix between an ABC watch and an aviation look.

I guess we have different tastes here, but this is what makes life interesting.

Brands:

Casio / Citizen / Mido / Orient / Tissot / Suunto / Seiko / Hamilton / Titan / Bucherer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This may be my first Pro Trek. I just hope that the LED light illuminates enough of the (positive) digital display and I'm in.

Here's what I can get from my rusty Japanese:

Some things are pretty obvious: MB6, Tough Solar, Tough Mov't, Triple Sensor v.3, Smart Access

Black IP coated case
    Strap w/ carbon fibre insert
    Dual LED
    Dot matrix LCD displays time and trend graphs
    24 Hour STW
    60 Min CDT
    5 Alarms

Compass runs for 60 seconds like the PRW-3000

Altimeter looks like similar specs to PRW-3000:

Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft)
    Manual memory measurements (up to 30 records, each including altitude, date, time)
    Auto log data (High/low altitudes, auto cumulative ascent and descent)
    Relative altitude readings (+/- 100m or +/- 1000m)
    Selectable measurement interval: 5 seconds or 2 minutes

Baro graph shows relative change +/- 10hPa
    Something mentioned about an "information alarm". I wonder if that is the up/down arrows when large swings of pressure changes occur or if it's like a storm alarm.

What I would love to see is if the hands can move out of the way of the LCD when its functions are needed. It has Smart Access so the 3 hands do run on different motors, why not?

Hopefully someone with better abilities to read Japanese can help...
    Last edited by JonL; January 28th, 2014 at 23:33.

I've never been a big fan of analogue ABC watches. When hiking/camping, I prefer the simple to read digital displays instead of trying to see where the hand is lined up. And to this day, I still prefer Xlander or Core more so than any Casio but thats me.

I bet we'll see a bunch of these in the FS section following release .
    Current Rotation: || Tag Aquaracer Polar Caliber 5, Suunto Ambit 3, Casio Gulfman/GW2310, Apple iWatch 3 ||

Quote Originally Posted by MG Designs View Post
    Answering your points:

- I don't see that sad face... however, I agree that the subdial position it's not the best.
    - I love skeleton hands!!
    - This is the part I'm intrigued. Let's see how did Casio work it out.
    - Another fact that I like about this watch, it's a mix between an ABC watch and an aviation look.

I guess we have different tastes here, but this is what makes life interesting.
    - "Sad face" refers to design similarity with GA-1000 (almost the same minus the digital screen at 2 o click)
    - Skeleton hands would be ok actually if it's not for the fact that they just don't work in dark. Wich brings another question: Are we AGAIN limted to LED light that will simply let you read analong hands in dark (effectively making all other functions null and void come night time)
    - I was wondering for a while just how would casio "pull off" ana digi look for aviation line with new smart crown system. After all we haven't seen ana digi aviator since GW-3500 and I think we're due for refresh.
    The way it is it looks to be a bit of a "mess" (some functions will need crown, some will need "mode") from a practical usage point of view.

Whatever the case may be I'm calling it a "pass" as of now... but than again things might change if the price drops to 300-350 range and live shots prove that it actually looks far better than catalog pics.

Also, with luck (just like what they did with PRW-5000) we might get same module but much cheaper price down the road (getting cheaper case and band along with it).

SIDENOTE:
    Ok, new smart crown system is not cheap to make or produce but I'd take PRW-5000 variant with full preferably lumed hands , bigger digital display (not negative please) and V3 sensors for about 300. (One can dream right?). Smart crown system could be left out easily. I can live quite happily without it.

Cheers
    Last edited by duke4c; January 29th, 2014 at 16:03.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

OH GOD A PROTREK IN THE G-SHOCK SECTION

sorry just wanted to get that out lol, I don't really like abc watches. I've never had one though, and have been considering a riseman as an intro to them. Pro treks will definitely take some getting used to, I haven't looked into them yet and right now I prefer the g-shock protection. As a pro trek, it honestly looks like all the others I've seen :D
    riffraff likes this.

Thanks JonL! I am curious about this watch as well.

As a GA-1000 owner I also do not see the sad face on this one. Maybe more Mona Lisa, but a much happier disposition overall. :)

Anyone's thoughts on this being a replacement for the 5000? Does this mean there might be a 8000 or 9000?

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

UPDATE

New pictures:

Last edited by MG Designs; February 7th, 2014 at 15:20.

Brands:

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information