Casio Releases G-SHOCK LOUIE VITO Collaboration Model ( Press Release)
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Casio Releases G-SHOCK LOUIE VITO Collaboration Model ( Press Release)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-SHOCK and World-Class Athlete Louie Vito Collaborate for G-LIDE Watch Releases for Winter
    Name:  STW2013_LouieVito.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  76.6 KB

GLS-8900LV-2

TOKYO, October 21, 2013 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd., is celebrating the 30th anniversary of its G-SHOCK watch brand by releasing a new collaborative model developed with brand ambassador and professional snowboarder Louie Vito. Winter Olympic Medalist, Winter X Games and U.S. Grand Prix Champion; Louie’s professional snowboard career echoes the elite performance and unwavering commitment of the G-SHOCK brand.

Adding to his long list of top finishes, Louie wrapped up the 2012/2013 contest season by winning Europe’s premiere snowboarding event, the 2013 Winter X Games. While astonishing judges and fans alike with his snowboarding skills, Louie has also created a name for himself off the hill. Winning American’s hearts while competing in the hit TV show Dancing With The Stars, he was selected as one of the athletes to be featured in 2011’s ESPN the Magazine Body Issue. For those that are still chasing an autograph, Louie’s “LV” signature is printed on the watch band and engraved on the case back. The deep indigo blue case and highlights suggest clear “bluebird” winter skies, balanced with a reverse LCD display for enhanced visibility in bright light conditions. This is a true performance timepiece that also happens to make a serious fashion statement.

The perfect on-mountain watch, Louie Vito’s signature GLS8900LV-2 is shock- and water-resistant and equipped with low-temperature resistance down to -20°C/-4°F. Prioritizing rugged durability and technical performance, the Auto LED Super Illuminator allows the user to activate the backlight with a flick-of-the-wrist, without removing gloves to press the front-mount light button, while the dual 1/100 second stopwatches and countdown timer deliver the tools to clock runs down the mountain. The 48-city World Time feature makes it easy to follow winter worldwide, and four multi-function alarms means the user will never miss first lift—and more importantly first tracks—however, those who need just a little more rest for those sub-zero, bullet-proof morning conditions will find the snooze function ideal.

Name:  GLS-8900LV-2.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  GLS-8900LV-2_package.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  49.4 KB

Specifications

GLS-8900LV-2
    Construction Shock-resistant, low-temperature resistant (-20°C / -4°F)
    Water Resistance 200 meters
    World Time 48 cities (29 time zones, daylight saving on/off)
    Stopwatch Stopwatch 1: 1/100 second; measuring capacity: 1,000 hours; elapsed time; split time; 1st and 2nd place time; auto start
    Stopwatch 2: 1/100 second; measuring capacity: 1,000 hours; elapsed time; split time; 1st and 2nd place time
    Countdown Timer Setting accuracy: 1 minute; 24-hour maximum per set; unit of measure: 1 second; auto repeat
    Alarm 5 independent daily alarms (of which 1 snooze alarm); hourly time signal
    Other features Full auto-calendar, 12/24-hour format; button operation tone on/off; LED light (Super Illuminator) with afterglow; selectable illumination duration: 1.5 or 3.0 seconds
    Accuracy at Normal Temperature ±15 seconds per month
    Battery Life 2 years on CR2016
    Size of Case 55.1×52.5×16.3mm
    Total Weight Approx.69g

Source: Casio Enhances Its Exclusive Line of G-SHOCK Watches in Twisted Metal

It is a Japan November Release, and it's coming to the US in December for $130

I love the colours, great packaging as well.. If they release it in my country, will pick it up. who else plans on getting this?

Re: Casio Releases G-SHOCK LOUIE VITO Collaboration Model ( Press Release)

I already posted these in the upcoming catalog post a while ago, but here they are again..

some other colour options also coming out in November (Japan)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GLS8900 1.jpg 
Views:	2357 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1258705

Name:	GLS8900 2.jpg 
Views:	1217 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	1258707

and I hope MrShoque does not mind me copying and posting his pic here, but he posted a pic of the GLS8900-1B in yesterdays WRUW thread!

Name:	IMG_1602.JPG 
Views:	1351 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1258708

some more pics:

Name:  008l.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  009l.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  94.9 KB
    Last edited by starscream; October 22nd, 2013 at 10:16.
    raceclawt likes this.

Thanks for posting starscream. Top notch and professional as always. Love the blue one. Think can't resist. Any idea about the price tag? Thanks a lot 130$ ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Thanks for posting starscream. Top notch and professional as always. Love the blue one. Think can't resist. Any idea about the price tag? Thanks a lot 130$ ?
    The Louie Vito is $130 in the US, I think the others should be maybe $10-20 less than that. because in the Japanese catalog, the Vito is priced at ¥15,000 while the regular models are priced at ¥13,500
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

Blue yellow and PINK?!
    why does casio choose pink color?

Sent from Nexus 4
    Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by jordan17 View Post
    Blue yellow and PINK?!

Sent from Nexus 4
    Because it looks awesome?
    Sjors and Deepsea_dweller like this.

the gls8900 series look great, I like the two circles and the big digits, all colors also are good, but if I choose one, I'd pick the pink

Quote Originally Posted by jordan17 View Post
    Blue yellow and PINK?!

Sent from Nexus 4
    why not? there is already 2 black ones there for those that like only black..

and there is also a white one coming next month, its not a GLS-8900 but its a GW-8900.. part of the Blizzard White series:

Name:	Blizzard White.jpg 
Views:	1200 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	1259099

and if the GLS-8900's do well enough, good chance we will get more colours. I think its good there is a pink, that way women can get in on it and men who like pink as well.. That being said, I'm not getting the pink. lol I like that it's there, but I got my eyes on the yellow one and the vito collab.

I would have liked the pink better if it was a negative display or they gave it the same pink screen as devastator:

Name:	1275714_608361129206401_1219155375_o.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	1259112
    Last edited by starscream; October 22nd, 2013 at 19:14.
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

I am not against pink color. But in my personal taste it is weird for any watches use pink color, include g shock. :D
    Maybe because there aren't many models use solid pink color.

Sent from Nexus 4
    Have a nice day

Looks like CASIO has gone plumb bonker with the 8900 this fall. Here in the USA, it seems we'll be getting all the new Crazy Neon Color G-8900 and in Japan a whole slew of Winter G-Lide GLS-8900 including the Louie Vito collabo are coming out.

Last year the GLS-100 Winter G-Lides were released here in the USA, so it'll be a bit strange if they only get released in Japan this year. Aside from the Low-Temp LCD, they really don't have much going for them. Of course the collabo will make a good collector piece, but the functionality of the GLS-8900 is pretty close to bare bones and it appears to have the same strap as the G-8900 unlike the GLS-100 of last year which had a cordura fabric strap. Another negative is that it uses the CR-2016 battery which will only get you through a couple of years if you wear it alot and use the backlight and/or alarm regularly.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information