Casio Service (Canada) - Warning for JDM
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casio Service (Canada) - Warning for JDM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Casio Service (Canada) - Warning for JDM

Some of you may remember my previous thread about a defect on the chapter ring of my Oceanus. I decided it was bothering me enough to send it to the Casio service depot in Ontario. Before sending the watch in, I was told I would need both the Tourist Warranty Card and the bill of sale from the Authorized Dealer in Tokyo. This confused the AD as they have never had an issue in just providing the Tourist Warranty Card. I questioned the service centre who reiterated the need for the bill of sale. At my request, the AD sent a signed/stamped receipt in the mail which I then included with the stamped card.

Fast forward to today, I get a phone call from the service centre acknowledging the defect and detailing the price of the repair ($200 for a new case as the chapter ring is integrated into the case!). When I questioned the invoice and told them that it was a warranty issue they said Casio Canada is refusing service without a printed, original copy of the bill of sale. This watch, including all my other JDM Casios, have no warranty without this paper.

I sent an email back to the AD asking for help, I will update with their response (probably tomorrow given the time difference). My worry is that they don't actually keep original receipts or that the hand written receipt IS their only receipt. To me, this means the Tourist Warranty Card is basically a worthless scrap of paper. Stay tuned.

Re: Casio Service (Canada) - Warning for JDM

That sucks.

Hope you can get it worked out.

Thanks for the info, though. Something to consider.

Wow, what a hassle! What exactly is a Tourist Warranty? You see, if it's bought online and we're not physically in Japan, are we still consider tourists?

So far I only have 1 JDM G, but it's not too expensive, so I can careless about warranty and repair. But for something in the price range of Oceanus, definitely need to know if the warranty's valid. Thanks for the info, and good luck with the repair. Hopefully, you get it for free under the warranty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Tourist Warranty Card is so that visitors to Japan can buy a product and be covered under warranty. My card is stamped with the AD and lists the service centre and phone number for each country that Casio sells in.

It kind of makes sense that they would ask for a receipt because that's how they verify you're within the warranty period. It is weird that they require the original bill of sale and that a receipt isn't good enough. What's the difference between the receipt and the bill of sale? Maybe the best thing would be to send it back to the AD after a cost/benefit analysis of shipping to and from AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    It kind of makes sense that they would ask for a receipt because that's how they verify you're within the warranty period. It is weird that they require the original bill of sale and that a receipt isn't good enough. What's the difference between the receipt and the bill of sale? Maybe the best thing would be to send it back to the AD after a cost/benefit analysis of shipping to and from AD.
    I don't know. I am hoping the AD can help. I have a handwritten bill of sale on a letterhead from the AD, signed and stamped with their information. When I asked the service centre what they were looking for, they said "it can't be handwritten, we need to know it is from the store".

This is when I got confused.

Why don't you use the financial transaction to show proof you bought it from them? Or is that not acceptable either?
    Rocat likes this.

I sent an email back to the service centre asking exactly what they are looking for. I don't know of any information that they would need that was not provided on the bill of sale from the AD. They seem to have issue with it being handwritten.

My concern is that the AD may not be following protocol dictated by Casio, thus compromising the warranty.

EDIT: To add to the frustration, the service centre and AD are 3 and 16 hours ahead of me respectively. Communication is slow.
    Last edited by idkfa; September 30th, 2015 at 01:21.

idkfa,

Are you dealing with NESA Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush-Shock View Post
    idkfa,

Are you dealing with NESA Canada?
    I am. Any insight?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information