• 3 Post By xevious

Thread: Casio Specific Parts Help.... Module Insulator

Casio Specific Parts Help.... Module Insulator

Friends,

I have a DW-7500 pictured here:
    Name:  P5170491.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  231.2 KB

The watch is an old purchase off ebay and Im just now starting to investigate it. I have determined that it is missing the white plastic "module insulator" internally. Here is a picture of it next to a W-80US with the W-80US insulator installed.
    Name:  P5190529.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  294.8 KB

The backs of these modules are identical. The "module insulator" (casio term) fits both watches perfectly, however this insulator does not serve to fill in the gaps between the module and the pushbuttons as pictured here in an unrelated watch:
    Name:  5440110753_c9c23545b2.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  71.8 KB

Ive called casio (US) and they dont even seem to know that this watch (DW-7500 module 913) even exists. Does anyone know how to track down an insulator for this or a similar watch? Obviously there were not that many different styles made when the DW7500 was released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Casio Specific Parts Help.... Module Insulator

bump

Casio do not have lists of spare parts for models that have been discontinued for more then 7 years. So that's why they do not know about your watch.

Your best chance is to keep an eye out on eBay and other places and buy a new one. Finding this pare part is a close to impossible these days. The DW-7500 model also known as the Tachymeter model, was always rather rare and is somewhat of an oddity, so these days it is extremely rare I would say. So it can take a really long time before you find one for sale.

We used to have a great member kpatt who could be of great help in situations like this, but he have not been active here in WUS since 2008. I do not know what happened to him.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the information. Im betting that there are not too many variations of insulators...its going to be a bit of a hunt to find a possible replacement.

bump

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Unless you intend to wear the watch during rugged activities, I'll bet that the watch will be just fine without this insulator piece. However, if you really want to get one then your best bet will be to locate a non-functional cosmetically distressed DW-7500 on the cheap, and cannibalize it for the parts. Otherwise, you can try cutting some thin white plastic from a container (disposable for thin, reusable for thick), and utilize it as a substitute.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by dprime View Post
    Friends,

I have a DW-7500 pictured here:
    Name:  P5170491.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  231.2 KB

The watch is an old purchase off ebay and Im just now starting to investigate it. I have determined that it is missing the white plastic "module insulator" internally. Here is a picture of it next to a W-80US with the W-80US insulator installed.
    Name:  P5190529.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  294.8 KB

The backs of these modules are identical. The "module insulator" (casio term) fits both watches perfectly, however this insulator does not serve to fill in the gaps between the module and the pushbuttons as pictured here in an unrelated watch:
    Name:  5440110753_c9c23545b2.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  71.8 KB

Ive called casio (US) and they dont even seem to know that this watch (DW-7500 module 913) even exists. Does anyone know how to track down an insulator for this or a similar watch? Obviously there were not that many different styles made when the DW7500 was released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

I just wanted to bump this up and revisit possibly finding the part I need for this watch.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

5 years later?

I hate to disappoint you, but posting about it here isn't going to achieve much. You're not going to find this as a separate part to be purchased somewhere. Your only hope, as stated previously, would be to find a non-functional damaged DW-7500 on the cheap and cannibalize it for the part. It could very well have a functional module, in which case you could retain it as a back-up in case of module failure.

But if you can't secure a damaged one, fashion your own insulator from a suitable material. This watch does not have an alarm, so you don't need to worry about making any pass-through from the module to the back of the case. If you look at any G-Shock watches, you'll see a great many of them have a rubber shock absorbing mat. The plastic cage in these non-GShock watches is usually intended to help keep the module from moving around, such as when buttons are pressed. They also keep the module from moving back/forth (towards/away from the crystal). If you're finding the module doesn't seem to be moving much, then you're in luck. Just fashion some material to serve as support to keep the module from sliding back/forth inside the case, in the event of jostling around.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information