casio syndrome

Thread: casio syndrome

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    70

    casio syndrome

    just put an order on amazon for 2 more watches!

    The 5600 classic for 30 bucks. I made a post a few days ago, i mentioned that at one time the 5600 was in my possession, went through some old boxes in storage looking for it..turns out it was some off casio..a nice watch..but not the 5600..so many years foggy memory.

    also picked up this non G shock
    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi.../MTP4500D-1AV/

    it has slide rule, and for 55 bucks on amazon looks like a bargain.

    gonna see if i can talk the girlfriend into getting my a Citizen Eco for xmas

    those atomic frogman or the MTG1000 look really nice also. Who knows, I think Casio watches have a addiction factor, I can see it already.
    Last edited by xsmatt81; September 15th, 2008 at 08:20.

  2. #2
    Member JERSTERCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    French Valley CA
    Posts
    7,032

    Re: casio syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by xsmatt81 View Post
    just put an order on amazon for 2 more watches!

    The 5600 classic for 30 bucks. I made a post a few days ago, i mentioned that at one time the 5600 was in my possession, went through some old boxes in storage looking for it..turns out it was some off casio..a nice watch..but not the 5600..so many years foggy memory.

    also picked up this non G shock
    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi.../MTP4500D-1AV/

    it has slide rule, and for 55 bucks on amazon looks like a bargain.

    gonna see if i can talk the girlfriend into getting my a Citizen Eco for xmas

    those atomic frogman or the MTG1000 look really nice also. Who knows, I think Casio watches have a addiction factor, I can see it already.

    Casio syndrome good name for the addiction

    btw I have the non g ad 520 which is over 15 years old and should have been called a g for all its lived through and keeps going


    Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43

    Re: casio syndrome

    technical name: GshockiusBuytomanyus

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member JERSTERCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    French Valley CA
    Posts
    7,032

    Re: casio syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    technical name: GshockiusBuytomanyus

    looks like we are going to see lots of names for the condition that effects us


    Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    70

    Re: casio syndrome



    I had a quick question. How are the CTL 1616 battery's now. I read some threads from 2006 give or take with people complaining that the watch died after a year or two, then having to put a new bat in.

    the watch in suspect is a GW530A-1V Solar/Atomic

    it uses the 1616 bat. Did they improve these battery's . Would hate to have the device stop after just 2 years, when marketing says otherwise.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    At the moment Taiwan
    Posts
    1,628

    Re: casio syndrome

    I thought it was Gshockiusnotenoughus?

  8. #7
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: casio syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by xsmatt81 View Post
    the watch in suspect is a GW530A-1V Solar/Atomic
    The GW-500 series were amongst the first solar G-Shocks. Along with the GW-300 series and the G-5600, they are known to experience problems. The problem may well be in the module, not the battery.

    I don't know if the fault has been amended in more recently manufactured examples.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  9. #8
    Member GEODE HUNTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast-USA
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: casio syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by xsmatt81 View Post
    just put an order on amazon for 2 more watches!

    The 5600 classic for 30 bucks. I made a post a few days ago, i mentioned that at one time the 5600 was in my possession, went through some old boxes in storage looking for it..turns out it was some off casio..a nice watch..but not the 5600..so many years foggy memory.

    also picked up this non G shock
    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi.../MTP4500D-1AV/

    it has slide rule, and for 55 bucks on amazon looks like a bargain.

    gonna see if i can talk the girlfriend into getting my a Citizen Eco for xmas

    those atomic frogman or the MTG1000 look really nice also. Who knows, I think Casio watches have a addiction factor, I can see it already.
    Welcome to GSA! Please stand, state your name and the next watch you plan to purchase!!
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

  10. #9
    Member kiwidj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ~TYO~
    Posts
    37,143

    Re: casio syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by GEODE HUNTER View Post
    Welcome to GSA! Please stand, state your name and the next watch you plan to purchase!!

    "Now people, let's all come together, join hands ... and get a quick wrist shot!"




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •