Casio Trouble?

Thread: Casio Trouble?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Casio Trouble?

i sent a DW-6300 off to Casio a couple of months back as the EL didnt work, they confirmed receipt of it and said it was made abroad so might take a month or two to find parts.. which was fine, about a month later i sent an email asking if any progress had been made (as they're system to check up on repairs was down), they said it was in the post back to me, not saying if it was fixed or not.. so i waited another month or so and email again, saying it hasnt arrived, they advised me if i did not receive it soon they would investigate the matter, a few more weeks passed and today i get an email saying a replacement is on the way! i'm annoyed that they have not even asked if i wanted the watch back, after all it was a rare watch and only the EL was broke, anybody know (legally) where i stand with this?
    Last edited by lee172; February 25th, 2008 at 17:46.

Re: Casio Trouble?

Hi Lee, sorry to hear of your troubles. According to Casio's warranty, "During the warranty period, and upon proof of purchase, the product will be repaired using CASIO reconditioned replacement parts or the product will be replaced with the same or a similar reconditioned replacement model within a reasonable period of time." they don't say what a "reasonable" period of time is. Also, replacement with "similar" product does not always mean you get the same model back. They will not take into consideration any collector value or rarity of any item only what the retail value was at the time it was sold. Hopefully you get the same model watch back.

Mike.

i really dont see whats so hard about getting my watch back! i mean although the EL didnt work, it was completely NIB condition, so i dont want somebody else's worn out vintage watch, although i'd happily settle for a (brand new) Frogman!
    Last edited by lee172; February 4th, 2008 at 22:37.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was this Casio UK that you sent it to? Or Casio New Jersey (USA)?

Casio UK, down in London if i remember right.

It sounds as though it was lost or stolen in the post. If it was posted in the last month, there's a chance it's in the backlog caused by the postal strike. I still have some items that have presumablty been sitting in a sorting office for three or four weeks.

If it's truly lost, there's little Casio can do, and it will be interesting to see what they send as a replacemet.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

they havent said if it was my watch in the package that has gone missing, or if it was a previous replacement.. fingers crossed that mine is still on the Casio operating table..

Good luck, Lee.

I sent some rare g's to Casiosalesandservice (add .com for website) in California and got really great service. The Casio in NJ was like a black hole, although I never had an issue of not getting anything back.

That said, Casio NJ couldn't find replacement parts for my DW-5200, which I then sent to Sjors, being totally frustrated. That's another story though...

Neil

ive had 1 reply from them in my 'casio support thread' and i still havent received the original or replacement..

they finally replied and after quite a few messages, they have said i wont be getting my original 6300 back. apparently they have sent a replacement watch (which hasnt arrived!) and have also sent a claim form (which also hasnt arrived!) in all my dealings with Royal Mail, the only time i seem to have a problem is with Casio head office.. something fishy is going on..
    Last edited by lee172; February 25th, 2008 at 17:47.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information