Casio vs. Daniel Wellington

Poll: Which wins for the generic masses?

Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Casio vs. Daniel Wellington

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Casio vs. Daniel Wellington

Well, I was skimming YouTube and I came across this.
    Ottovonn and babyivan like this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Re: Casio vs. Daniel Wellington

Okay; so I would never buy a DW.... thus, I'm biased.

Furthermore, DW is sold on the various patterns of NATO straps. Thus, I have to disagree with the YouTube commentator.

For a Joe Blow college student, I'm not sure they'd even consider or are even aware of the cited Casio.

Just my thoughts
    babyivan, OldGeek and blondygirl69 like this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Unfortunally DWs marketing is strong.
    People in the search for a trendy watch will probably rather follow the marketing then the watch technical specs.
    And maybe the retail margin is higher for DW, too.

Just try to find a shop in a fashion oriented mall (i.e. Airport) that has DW and Casio and a sales clerk to point you in the right direction.
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I voted casio for a couple of reasons

Short term in the US the marketing will beat out casio but long term and internationally casio will win every time.

Casio knows no boundries and has no boundries, from school kids to military to presidents and everything in between quality, durability, practicality will always prevail.

F-91w 30 years and going.....

DW= Danny Wellington? I thought it was douch wear. 😃 Jk. Jk.

I like this Casio. It reminds me of Nomos, which I've admired from afar for so long. I might pick one of these Casios up.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Daniel who???

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never heard of Daniel Wellington watches before. And now that I have heard of them, I still don't care.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GWR-B1000X-1A, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000G-1, GWF-D1000MB-3JF, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GXW-56BB-1JF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

I watched that vid when he posted it. I was a heartbeat away from buying it until I read a couple of reviews complaining of the short hands. They were absolutely correct; and now I cannot unsee it, lol.

It would be perfect otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    I watched that vid when he posted it. I was a heartbeat away from buying it until I read a couple of reviews complaining of the short hands. They were absolutely correct; and now I cannot unsee it, lol.

It would be perfect otherwise.
    Yeah, I'm assuming the short hands are a no go for most WIS .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I like this Casio. It reminds me of Nomos, which I've admired from afar for so long. I might pick one of these Casios up.
    Very true, there is a lot to like here otherwise.
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:10.
    babyivan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Daniel who???

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never heard of Daniel Wellington watches before. And now that I have heard of them, I still don't care.
    They're a trashy ghetto watch company sold on flashy NATO Straps. Mostly with subpar specs.

That said they are popular.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Unfortunally DWs marketing is strong.
    People in the search for a trendy watch will probably rather follow the marketing then the watch technical specs.
    And maybe the retail margin is higher for DW, too.

Just try to find a shop in a fashion oriented mall (i.e. Airport) that has DW and Casio and a sales clerk to point you in the right direction.
    Honestly, I'm not sure why Timex hasn't rolled out a NATO Strap Timex Weekender series to compete with DW.

Either way, no one seems to buy a second DW.
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:14.
    Time4Playnow and babyivan like this.

Erm, the Casio by a country mile.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information