CASIO W729H problem with sound
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By pampero21
  • 1 Post By pampero21
  • 4 Post By pampero21

Thread: CASIO W729H problem with sound

CASIO W729H problem with sound

Good morning, sir,

This was the state of the clock. It was a watch I bought years ago that broke the plastic on the strap hitch.
    As you can see, it was turned off without batteries.

I decided to give him a new life. So I decided to repair the belt support.
    I would use the plastic from the CDS box.

I used a soldering iron to solder the plastic. I went to a jewelry store to change the battery.

with the light on. You can't see the numbers in the picture, but it works correctly in real life.

I cleaned with soap and water several times. Remaining as you can see in the images.

But the sound doesn't work.
    I've opened it and I attach pictures if you can help me. In forums I said that it is the size of a spring that makes contact with the cover.
    I've removed the cover and repositioned it, but the clock goes on without emitting any sound.

Do you see anything anomalous? Are there any springs missing? How do I recover the sound of my CASIO?

Can you see the images?

Thanks
    sodamonkey likes this.

Re: CASIO W729H problem with sound

Quote Originally Posted by pampero21 View Post
    Good morning, sir,

This was the state of the clock. It was a watch I bought years ago that broke the plastic on the strap hitch.
    As you can see, it was turned off without batteries.

I decided to give him a new life. So I decided to repair the belt support.
    I would use the plastic from the CDS box.

I used a soldering iron to solder the plastic. I went to a jewelry store to change the battery.

with the light on. You can't see the numbers in the picture, but it works correctly in real life.

I cleaned with soap and water several times. Remaining as you can see in the images.

But the sound doesn't work.
    I've opened it and I attach pictures if you can help me. In forums I said that it is the size of a spring that makes contact with the cover.
    I've removed the cover and repositioned it, but the clock goes on without emitting any sound.

Do you see anything anomalous? Are there any springs missing? How do I recover the sound of my CASIO?

Can you see the images?

Thanks
    The only thing I can see is in the picture of the inside of the backplate. There is a slight round dark mark on the piezo speaker covering.

This could be your problem. Is that mark showing metal at all? On older Casio's I've seen that a fair bit. It's wear from the spring over the years. I think that if the spring is now touching metal the speaker won't work.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Good point. If you have the back of another watch, Casio preferred, you could see if that piezo works.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Finalmente, parece ser que tanto los muelles como la pieza de metal de encima de la pila no hacía contacto con la chapa. Los he estirado y ya funciona perfectamente. Reloj como nuevo.
    GaryK30 likes this.

Finally, it seems that both the springs and the metal piece above the pile did not make contact with the sheet metal. I stretched them and it works perfectly. Clock like new.

It may be the piezo speaker? I think these are inexpensive you can by them from esslinger web site which sells lots of stuff for Jewelers and watch folks. Also as someone suggested try using another of your casio's caseback that use piezo speakers and just have it make contact with it and see if it beeps.. another thing you could try if you're feeling daring..is to take a spring from a spring bar and replace the one that you currently have on the watch (set the old one aside) and try it out - keep in mind you may need to cut the spring to size of the current one.

Update: I didn't realized you fixed your issue good job man. Wear it in good health.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Thread Information