CASIO WAVE CEPTOR Not MRG-7100 Or OCEANUS (Mike Hogan)

Thread: CASIO WAVE CEPTOR Not MRG-7100 Or OCEANUS (Mike Hogan)

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Smile CASIO WAVE CEPTOR Not MRG-7100 Or OCEANUS (Mike Hogan)

As always, many CASIO'S are very similar and sometimes share the same dimensions and components internal and/or external.

This WAVE CEPTOR is obviously a beautiful looking model, but does not have the term "OCEANUS" or "MRG", although obviously an extremely high qulaity model on par with an MRG.

This would be a good option for Mike Hogan also as obviously same, if not similar, and can be had with an approx. slashed original price of close to US$500, reduced to $250 currently in Japan.

Reduced as always in Japan to make way for updated stock.

The modern MRG'S as far as I'm concerned do not match match my appeal for the old original classics.. Personal opinion

The old originals have that tough elegant look and feel to them whilst being EXTRA tough.

The new versions look more like dress watches to me with to many little dials and mirror reflections.

Great to hear your opinions

All the best - ZZIE

ItsAboutTime

Re: CASIO WAVE CEPTOR Not MRG-7100 Or OCEANUS (Mike Hogan)

I like the top one a lot. I don't really see any alternatives to this watch, even though it's "dressed-up", it still looks very rugged (and has g-shock logo ). Only thing that scares me about it, is the price - no way i will pay $500 for it (in $500 market there are plenty better alternatives). But you are saying that you can find it for $250, in that case it will be my 1st choice. Best price i've seen for it on eBay was $500, and there was only 2 sellers.

Re: CASIO WAVE CEPTOR Not MRG-7100 Or OCEANUS (Mike Hogan)

I think it's a nice G and of course for 250$ the price is reasonable!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: CASIO WAVE CEPTOR Not MRG-7100 Or OCEANUS (Mike Hogan)

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    [size=3][color=indigo]
    The old originals have that tough elegant look and feel to them whilst being EXTRA tough.

The new versions look more like dress watches to me with to many little dials and mirror reflections.

Great to hear your opinions

I think you just have stroke a very good point. The older models, specially the resin ones, are not only designed to be rough, they also look like they can do the job. Somehow some new exclusive and expensive modles look not only more like dress watches. They also look like they will easily being scratched, which you don't want. Those new MR-G's are awesome looking watches, but I wouldn't take one out for a nice ride in the woods or dunes...

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; February 19th, 2006 at 16:23.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information