Casio website--Any Canadians ordered from it?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By duke4c

Thread: Casio website--Any Canadians ordered from it?

Casio website--Any Canadians ordered from it?

Hey all.

I was hoping to get some input from any Canadian collectors who have used the Casio website to make a purchase. Was your order shipped from within Canada, or from America into Canada?

TIA.
    --
    Paul Raposo

Moe: What does your watch say?
    Shemp: It don't say nothing; you've got to look at it.

Re: Casio website--Any Canadians ordered from it?

I've had dealings with Casio Canada and they weren't all that of an enjoyable experience. I purchased the watch from a 'watchit' store and had to return to casio canada due to an oily film under the glass. There repair dept' said i was wrong and there was no film even though the clerk at place of purchase agreed and could see it plain as day. The watch was sent back on 3 occasions to fix the problem they claimed to have rectified. I talked to the repair dept on the phone and they were quite condescending As far as the WatchIt store goes. They were great. They just replaced my watch outright with a brand new One. So, not entirely the answer you're looking for but just a little heads up in case you need any warranty work

Thanks much for this information and your experience with Casio Canada, Jaunz1971. Very disappointed to read that they treated a customer as badly as that.
    --
    Paul Raposo

Moe: What does your watch say?
    Shemp: It don't say nothing; you've got to look at it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Casio Canada are extremely difficult to deal with. I will e-mail and e-mail and call explain that I have e-mailed and still takes 2-3 weeks for a reply. They are slow, take their time and do not seem to care at all.

what website you all are talking about ?

I think OP is referring to shopcasio.com

I bought a GWM5630D last October. I live in Vancouver.

It was shipped by UPS out of New York.

They did not deliver to Canada so I had to use a parcel receiver in Washington state as the delivery address.

Take this for what's worth but was told by watchit staff that they can get anything you want off the casio canada and get it in store usually within 3-4 days.
    They require 50% deposit up front.

I never used this service as I think that you have to be "a bit crazy in the head" to pay MSRP but to each of it's own...

Personally I always hunt at USA amazon. Even with 40 dollar shipping and 13% for customs (rule of thumb actual amount is sheer luck) you'll still beat MSRP + Tax by quite a large margin for most models.

EDIT:
    Was also told that they do this all the time and it actually makes quite a large margin on their store buisness.

EDIT 2:
    Here is most recent example: Green rangeman is 330 in Ontario. Add 13% tax and you're looking at 372.
    I got it off a amazon seler in USA with shipping and customs I paid shy over 300. Even with slow shipping it took mere 4 days to get here.
    Last edited by duke4c; March 4th, 2014 at 19:21.
    G-fob likes this.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I considered the Casio Canada website, but ultimately went with Ibuy.jp run by an expat Cdn (Ian) as his service is excellent and I had heard the buying experience with Casio Canada was less than desired.

Shipping was free, took 5 days, and I was fortunate to avoid customs fees with my new GW-5000-1JF.

Thread Information