CASIOBANK - Looki Quickie -----

Thread: CASIOBANK - Looki Quickie -----

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re: CASIOBANK - Looki Quickie -----

Ill pass :-D

It's not worth $10 to me either but CASIOBANK likes the old trashed models:-X

All the best - OZZ

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: CASIOBANK - Looki Quickie -----

Well, the WW series are very rare I believe. It's the first time I see one for sale. Soon after their release a wide temperature LCD was very common. I believe all G-Shock's have a LCD that work at least until -30ºC (someting for Tim to try out).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sjors,

My first g-shock was purchased in 1999 after my seiko 6309 diver was stolen off my hook at the mine. I used and abused it underground and wore it pretty much everywhere for 2 years. I wore it out ice-fishing one day at -25 celsius. I took the watch off and put it on a twig I stuck in the snow so I could tell the time cuz I had places to go later in the day.

Well, the g-shock froze up and the screen went blank. It then fogged up. I couldn't revive it and basically....it was toast. The gaskets should have been ok after two years so I believe that the g-shock just could not handle the -25 celsius.

That was one of the reasons I bought a Sinn U2. The automatic movement in the U2 has the special Sinn patented oil which allow the watch to function normally in temperatures as low as -45 which we see every year. It also has the anti-humidifying technology which will prevent the watch from fogging up under those temps and will handle extreme temperature changes. I have tested the U2 to -32 celsius and put it through some serious rapid temp changes. See the Sinn forum.

I read somewhere that the frogman is rated to -20 celsius. I can't tell ya how much I love the Black Helios and the Brazilian.

Wink Re: CASIOBANK - Looki Quickie -----

I think for a frogman -20ºC is sufficient as it is designed for diving. No matter how cold it is on the surface, I believe the water temperature while diving will not drop much below zero. If the seawater reacyes a temperatur under -8ºC, I think you better get out, before you be frozen for ages

I have seen your Sinn U2 in the Café (I believe before the Crash). Those temperatures where you live are almost unimaginable if you live here in the relative warm Netherlands

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

You are not alone Tim.

I love my BRAZILIAN and wore it today.

It's just, umm, It's just got something. Something about it.. It suits all situations..

Geez I love it!

All the best - OZZ

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    It's not worth $10 to me either but CASIOBANK likes the old trashed models:-X

All the best - OZZ
    I can only assume you are addressing me.

For future reference:

1. I like nice older Gs, not trashed ones. You mistakenly thought an old G without the bezel was once trashed due to your ignorance. I tried to explain it was a nice watch and just needed a bezel and band. It appears as though my explaination was not simple enough for you to understand.

2. My user name is Casionerd.

3. I have tried to be an adult about this and ignore you. I wish you would do the same toward me. Do not address me or my collection. Please point your BS gun toward someone else and do not open your lying mouth to address me.

Let's imagine for a moment I saw an auction for a yellow frog that looked like crap. Of course, it would have to be missing the strap and bezel. It would have to look like it had water inside at one time and the back would have to have been buffed with abrasion. Of course, the only way to see a frog like that would be to wait another 15-20 years when they are as old as the watch you pointed out. Now once I found this auction, imagine I started a thread that said something like:
    Hey Opie (I would, of course, have to get your name wrong for this to be an analogy)
    Look at this quickly (I couldn't come up with anything similar to 'looki quickie'. That's just a whole other subject)
    Then if anyone asked why I did this, I replied that Opie likes junk watches.

Would this offend you? Probably not, but that's just because you probably wouldn't get it.

Hi CASIONERD -

Actually, I wasn't addressing you at all, but rather, CASIOBANK.

Anyway, good to see you back

It was anyhow, a good watch for you, although obviously way over priced for such a "trashed" old banger. I'm glad we agree on that:-X

All the breast - OPIE:-D

That is very odd. The last time I was kicked off the forum for exposing you as a liar, you referred to me as Casiobank then also. At the time I ignored it. I figured I would address that small issue this time around.

BTW, I just looked at the list of members for all watchuseek forums and there is no Casiobank. Either you are very easily confused or you are lying once again.

Here is the list of members:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/memberlist.php?

Let me now try to anticipate the next lie. Casiobank was a member of the forum before it crashed and he just has not yet re-registered. Right...... (insert rolling eyes .gif here)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information