Chameleon Frog

Thread: Chameleon Frog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chameleon Frog

I bought a Glorious Gold Frogman from a seller on the Japanese auctions. The more perceptive among you will immediately notice that the picture below is not a GW-225E-7JF Glorious Gold, but a GW-204K-9JR ICERC (or at least most of it), which is correct.

As you can see in the picture below, the seller has not just switched the original strap and bezel for the ICERC version, which seems to fit pretty well, but also gotten a separate GW-200TC-4JR Triple Crown strap and bezel. The original Glorious Gold strap and bezel, together with an additional set, have been dyed orange and neon yellow.

Altogether a pretty decent Frog set. I would have purchased both the ICERC and the Triple Crown Frogs separately and the dyed sets, while not necessary, are a nice bonus for more relaxed occasions.

- martin

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: Chameleon Frog

Congratulations on the purchase. The GW-204K-9JR is a very under rated watch. A fantastic looker, in my opinion, along with the red TC Frog.

Sorry, but that's not the Triple Crown strap/bezel. The strap is from the DW-8200NT2-4JR. The TC strap has "TOUGH SOLAR" on it with a picture of the TC symbol (below). The bezel I'm not sure as all of the writing looks to be in red. The neon yellow looks cool.

The TC 4JR has yellow writing on the bezel.

Last edited by DragonJade; January 3rd, 2011 at 15:10.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Wink Re: Chameleon Frog

Wow, That's a cool purchase. Maybe not if you were expecting the Glorious Gold Frogman, but I like the possibility of swapping around. Neon yellow, COOL! Like DJ already said, the GW-204K is a fantastic watch. Unfortunately I had not much money to spend back in 2004. It came in a beautiful box, that looked a bit like an aquarium.

Congrats with your purchase,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    Sorry, but that's not the Triple Crown strap/bezel. The strap is from the DW-8200NT2-4JR. The TC strap has "TOUGH SOLAR" on it with a picture of the TC symbol (below). The bezel I'm not sure as all of the writing looks to be in red.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. I could not find any 200 series red letter bezels either when I checked. I guess it is a mod as well. I do not mind the look though as red strap with black bezel and red letters usually look excellent.

/ martin

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by martback View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. I could not find any 200 series red letter bezels either when I checked. I guess it is a mod as well. I do not mind the look though as red strap with black bezel and red letters usually look excellent.

/ martin
    Nothing wrong with it at all. If you change the bezel/straps on the watch, please post pics!

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

To me, the coolest thing about that set is that there's nothing really original there. With some of my frogs, I'm so careful with them because I know to an extent, they are collectible, but once you've got one all changed around, it becomes much more of a watch that I'd have lots of fun wearing. I hope you do too!

Very nice!

Wow! If you paid about the going rate for a Glorious Gold, I'd say you got a good deal. The GW-204K is one of my favorite Frogs, and is pretty rare/expensive now. The extra straps are interesting too.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

I want to see that frog on the neon yellow set! Wow!!!

Neil

Nice purchase, not sure how the frogman would look like with neon yellow and orange. Please post pics if you have the chance. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information