change of color

Thread: change of color

change of color

Ok so I ordered a black gw6900-1v. I am now kinda wanting to have a white one as well. So my options are to buy a new bezel and band that I can interchange or buy a white watch. Would it be practical to change the bezel and band whenever I wanted to wear a white watch? This would save me a little bit of money. Or would it be worth the extra money to buy a whole other watch? I found a white dw6900 for under $100. Is there any dif between the gw6900 and dw6900? they are both atomic solar watches correct?

Re: change of color

year of experience, for me, it is buying another watch.
    Part laziness and a lot of time, I want to have freedom to wear different color watches to match what I wear.
    Changing bezel never work for me. I only buy bezel for backup, not for mood swap. Does constant bezel change put it to risk of stretching?

I'm afraid a DW6900 bezel will not fit on a GW6900 as they have completely different cases. Your only option would be a GW6900 bezel or a G6900 bezel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The GW6900 and DW6900 are not the same. The GW is solar/atomic, the G6900 is solar/non-atomic, and the DW is neither solar or atomic. And as stated above, if you're going to buy spare rewsin to swap out, resin from a DW6900 will not fit your GW. Your choices would be resin sets from other GWs, G, and also the GLX6900. I think there are only two, maybe 3 white ones.

I say buy another watch. Then you can have a Black one, white one, black and white, and white and black. ;)
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

I should be more clear. I wasn't going to put a dw6900 bezel on a gw6900 watch. I was considering putting a white gw6900 bezel on a gw6900 watch or buying another watch, either a dw6900 or another gw900. What is the difference in a gw6900 and a dw6900? they look very similar. Is one better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayfarer View Post
    ...What is the difference in a gw6900 and a dw6900? they look very similar. Is one better than the other?

structurally, besides having the solar panel, the G(W)6900 is less thick than the DW6900, which is the main reason why a bezel swap between the two will not work. Also the DW's adjust button is recessed but the G(W) is not. On screen, the G(W) features slightly larger digits, a three letter "day" abbreviation (rather than the DW two letters) however the date numbers are smaller on the G(W).

As for what is better it all depends. If you want solar/atomic than the G(W) is your only choice. However for customization options, colors, etc., the DW is far and away the superior choice.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

If you think you'd do this color change seasonally, then yes--getting a white band and bezel to swap twice a year would work. However, if you feel you'd want a color different on a whim, and might change a few times per month, then it would become a tedious hassle. In that case, getting two watches of the two colors you like would be better.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information