Change default 10 second timer alarm?

Thread: Change default 10 second timer alarm?

Change default 10 second timer alarm?

Hi All,

Looking to potentially buy my first G-shock watch. Very much like the look of them but wanted to check functionality first. I did a search but couldn't find an answer to my specific question. Basically I'm looking for:

1 - Countdown timer set in seconds (I've got a requirement for 45 seconds at the moment)

2 - Countdown timer alarm that lasts 1-2 seconds (rather than the default 10 seconds) without having to press anything to stop it, i.e stops after 1-2 seconds

3 - rugged design, Hence the G Shock

Points 1 and 3 seem to be covered with the GBA-400-4BER which I like the look of (though I'm open to suggestions for similar). However with point 2, can the default 10 second alarm from the countdown timer be adjusted to last only 1-2 seconds?

I'm looking to use this as a gym (weights) watch so the 10 seconds alarm is probably gonna annoy everyone + I don't want to have to press anything to stop it every time.

Brenning :)

Re: Change default 10 second timer alarm?

Welcome!

OK so I've been thinking and can't think of a model which will let you adjust the countdown alarm length itself.

The only solution I found was using a G-7700 series. This has dual sequential CDT's that can be set down to the seconds, and I found that if you set the first timer to whatever you want and the second timer to 1s, then the alarm will only ring for a second or so each on each cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    Welcome!

OK so I've been thinking and can't think of a model which will let you adjust the countdown alarm length itself.

The only solution I found was using a G-7700 series. This has dual sequential CDT's that can be set down to the seconds, and I found that if you set the first timer to whatever you want and the second timer to 1s, then the alarm will only ring for a second or so each on each cycle.
    Thanks for the reply

Not sounding too good :( i was hoping with the bluetooth functionality we might be able to get into the firmware to adjust things like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Get the GD-350. It has vibration alert, meaning you don't need to worry about the beeping at all. And it's settable to 1 second for the timer.

As for you comment about bluetooth and firmware, I doubt they (Casio) would allow the user to program to that level. There are couple other bluetooth capable G's, besides the GBA400, but all only allow basic watch configurations through the bluetooth app.
    Last edited by watch_geek2014; May 31st, 2015 at 08:42.

ZFC

None of casio watch can meet your requirments, but only G-7700/7710 with the idea that WorldTime643 give you is the closest of what you want.

Thread Information