Changes to my Avatar - GW-2500B landed ^_^

Thread: Changes to my Avatar - GW-2500B landed ^_^

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Changes to my Avatar - GW-2500B landed ^_^

Hi,
    so my collection suffered some heavy loss - the Zilla is gone. The reason was just not enough wrist time. Not really a good idea wearing a 2 centimeter high and hard as hell titanium watch, when you're playing with your 2.5 year old. So since I'm not a 'box-collector' the Zilla had to go. Now I'm actually kind of glad I sold it 'cause sometimes the only reason I kept it, was the fact that it was my avatar in every watch forum I visit regularly (4).
    But well today I changed the Avatar. A big 'thumbs up' for shopemco - my GW-2500B arrived today - really superfast shipping using FedEx. I just didn't take into consideration that this saturday was the 3rd of october - the 'Day of the German Union' (when east and west were united again) - a holiday. So I waited and waited for the FedEx-man to arrive and bring my watch - in vain. But well finally it's on my wrist - and I really was very excited about this purchase - I already studied the manual of course and the GW-2500B seemed to fit the bill almost perfectly. I always liked the idea of an ana-digi watch because I like the intuitive time-reading an analogue watch gives you, but I also love all the bells and whistles of the classic digital atomic-solar G-Shock. The GW-2000 I once had didn't really work out for me - just too slow in response when making adjustments and it also lacked the 4+snooze alarms - I really missed those. So the GW-2500 has it all - well except for the 60min timer - come on Casio! Who needs to know the start time of the timer when you could have used that precious display space for the hours? But since it can be set to repeat 8 times, which basically makes it an 8 hour timer with 'progress beeper' I thought I can live with that.
    And I'm not disappointed - the watch looks great - much better than the pictures and the LED-illumination is better than I thought - you can even read the display. Finally I got the intuitive 'at-a-glance'-readability of an analogue combined with all the bells and whistles at a fair price (shopemco wasn't the cheapest, but I read good things about them so I rather paid a little bit more - knowing that I'll get excellent service).
    And since this thread is worthless without pics - here they come (like always q'n'd but I will certainly take some better ones in the days to come):

details:
    world-time:

24hr STW:

Timer (with the pretty useless start time displayed in the upper display):

Alarm-screen:

So what can I say after a half day of wearing it?
    It's very comfy (which I already knew because it's the same case and strap as the GW-2000).
    The display is a bit small so I'm glad I chose the positive version.
    It's responding quickly when making adjustments (the biggest advantage over the GW-2000).
    Finally a different sound for the countdown and for the alarms .
    Nice big stainless steel buttons.
    Cool looking black bezel.
    Current time visible in all modes (also a very big plus in my book).

All in all I think right now this is probably the best ana-digi G-Shock out there (well maybe except for the MTG-1500 with the same features and tough m'vt but that's a different class altogether - also pricewise). And that's why I made it my new avatar.

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; October 6th, 2009 at 01:25.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Re: Changes to my Avatar - GW-2500B landed ^_^

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice ! Congrats and wear it in great health.

:thanks m8! I forgot the wrist shot:

Fits perfectly I think - nice and chunky!

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Man I love my Ti Zilla ( Have had it on all day ) and its worn maybe the most in my rotation That said I know its not for everybody and I think they made it a little thicker than needed, come on its not a 2000 meter diver

I have looked at these but they never clicked with me. but after you review and the fact that you get the best of both worlds makes it sound great I also like that the hands appear wider than those on other G's. I agree with you on the ( intuitive time-reading an analogue watch gives you ) Analog just seam right to me, I wear my digitals but not as much as my analogs, could just be another phase though.

Anyways great review and photos.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Congratulations.

Congrats! Sharp looking piece! I let my Zilla go for the very same reason! I can't say enough good things about shopemco, great prices and I always get my watches from them blistering fast!
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

:thanks very much guys!

@JESTERCA
    Yeah, I had to warm up to the design first too. When I saw the first pics, I really didn't like it very much, but this is true for many watches and most of the time, the ones you like instantly also become boring very fast, while the ones that have to grow on you are there to stay (at least to stay longer then most ). Chances are pretty good that I will keep this one for quite some time. I think everybody needs at least one ana-digi or purely analogue G-Shock in the collection .

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

:thanks m8! I think it might even have been one of your posts that convinced me to buy from shopemco - can't say enough good things about their service . I especially liked that they give instant feedback - unlike most sellers who wait till they get positive feedback till they leave theirs (at least in Germany that's common practice - and if they don't get positive feedback they give you a neutral one - one reason I almost never buy from German professional ebay sellers - only from private sellers).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

K42

I just picked one of these up for under $140. At first I was on edge about the mixed analog/digital, but I've warmed up to it. It's been getting me back to analog watches.

I agree about the displaying of the timer. I can find much better use of the digital display throughout all the modes.

It's still a very nice watch nonetheless

Time to search for more analogs.

Yeah baby! Beautiful!!!

Sad to hear 'zilla is gone, but this one make it up for your loss, for sure

Wear it in good health

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information