Changing the Strap/Bezel on a GW-9200 Riseman

Thread: Changing the Strap/Bezel on a GW-9200 Riseman

Confused Changing the Strap/Bezel on a GW-9200 Riseman

Hi,

I'd really like a blue Riseman, but they are hard to find and I don't really like the blue display. Therefore, I'd like to swap my standard black Riseman's strap and bezel with one off Casio Watches - Tiktox. Is this easy to do? I've searched all over the web and these forums for a bit of instruction but can't seem to find any.

Is it simply a case of undoing the main screws, pulling the old bezel off and putting the new one on. Will it affect the water resistance of the watch at all?

Cheers.

lvt

Re: Changing the Strap/Bezel on a GW-9200 Riseman

It's fairly easy, just gently unscrew everthing, remember they are steel screws on plastic threads.

The bezel and caseback cover are soft plastic, manipulate them with care too, you don't need to use force, pay attention to not to break the Altimeter button when you take the bezel out.

Hope my pictures are helpful to you :

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw-...ce-771668.html
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Cheers lvt, I've gone ahead and ordered the new parts. I take it then that all the water resistance is provided by the module itself, not the surrounding enclosure?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by xeonman9000 View Post
    Cheers lvt, I've gone ahead and ordered the new parts. I take it then that all the water resistance is provided by the module itself, not the surrounding enclosure?

Yes, like with all the G, the bezel is there simply for look and shock-resistance.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema