Cheap Gulfman

Thread: Cheap Gulfman

Cheap Gulfman

I don't like these myself but plenty of people seem to, so perhaps time to do someone a good turn?

UK Ebay Link

Re: Cheap Gulfman

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMUK View Post
    I don't like these myself but plenty of people seem to, so perhaps time to do someone a good turn?

UK Ebay Link

Oh yeah, i remember that there's a stock of this version of the Gulfman when I was buying my Gulfman. I kind of liked the Color of this version, but i went for the Black version, mainly because it looks more classic.
    I am worth more than any item in my watch box.

[quote=MarkMUK;898104]I don't like these myself but plenty of people seem to, so perhaps time to do someone a good turn?
    /quote]

I looked at this guy as I was considering buying one from him but wasn't that happy that he says he is a UK Dealer, based in Sheffield, yet the watches apparently come from Honk Kong !
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[quote=Artistmike;901623]
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMUK View Post
    /quote]

I looked at this guy as I was considering buying one from him but wasn't that happy that he says he is a UK Dealer, based in Sheffield, yet the watches apparently come from Honk Kong !
    I understand your worries but then I have bought lots from the Far East and a couple of times from an alledged UK seller but arrived from Hong Kong...in less than a week.
    Expect the sellers with a non uk address to increase by the end of next month as ebay wants ALL sellers to state if they are buying to sell etc which makes them self employed, whilst there is no link saying they (ebay) will disclose this information to the Inland Revenue would you really trust them (ebay) as they don't give a stuff about fakes being sold as long as they get their fees.

Incidently as far as the Inland Revenue are concerned if you do more than 1 boot sale a year then you are a trader !! Ok so you do a clear out and do a boot sale and a fair amount sells (normally the better stuff) you have another blitz at home but then you legally have to wait a full year before you get rid....not likely to happen anymore than ALL the stuff you take the first time will sell.
    I have seen people with a table of about 10 things only...why they are even there I have no idea but I guess it was a day out. The only way you can sell all the really unwanted stuff is to bulk it out with items way over priced knowing that they won't sell, trouble is the stuff you want to sell will get overlooked as the overpriced stuff will be what people are attracted to and they won't want to look at anything else thinking you have high prices for everything else.
    Sorry for the rant but the laws are stupid sometimes, sure I have beated people down at boot sales but then I have paid going rates for other stuff, when I have set up a stall I get what I want or it comes home with me, plus I know the rates for things..only ever made one error with a 7' Beatles record I didn't realise was in the box :oops:

[quote=MarkMUK;901683]
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post

I understand your worries but then I have bought lots from the Far East and a couple of times from an alledged UK seller but arrived from Hong Kong...in less than a week.
    I buy lots of watches from abroad in fact probably more than from the U.K. but I do like the seller to be honest and that way I can work out whether I'm going to be paying Import Duty, V.A.T., Handling Charge, contribution to the postman's kids university fund, etc. etc...... All that can add an awful lot to the price and I don't expect to be paying it when it's supposedly coming from the U.K. !

Oh and I agree about everything you said about the Inland Revenue Inquisition !
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Thread Information