"Cleanest" Face G-Shock?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "Cleanest" Face G-Shock?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    In a land where you don't apologize for quartz… : )

"Cleanest" Face G-Shock?

I have searched through the past three pages of this subforum and didn't see anything that looked like this question. If it's a common question forgive me:

I have had two G-Shocks before (one bought years ago and one gifted to me by a co-worker a few years back, which I forwarded on to another buddy who needed one and didn't have much cash).

I am a Suunto Vector fan (having worn one at least five years) and love the "large, digital, clean" face. I am thinking about another watch for Christmas and am STRONGLY leaning toward Suunto (Core likely). I DO find myself admiring G-Shocks however...

FOR ME however I don't care for the "busy" faces with all the writing, cross members, top mounted sensors, etc., which ultimately leaves a small readout (compared to my Vector) which is no bigger than my wife's Timex, even though the overall "face dimensions" are as big (IF NOT BIGGER than) my Vector. I realize this is subjective-many of you probably like the looks for the same reasons I don't...and that's okay!

The number of models (in production, announced, discontinued but still available, NOS for sale, old ones for sale, etc.) are STAGGERING however. I'm looking at some pic threads on this subforum, but I'm wondering which G-Shocks you guys would suggest that might be relatively "clean faced".

I have a BIG wrist (almost 9") so I like the biggest of the big but "big" isn't an absolute requirement. I don't care for the digital/analog versions.

I HAVE to have POSITIVE FACE also.

Thanks in advance for any help/replies!

Re: "Cleanest" Face G-Shock?

Pffft Suunto... G-shock is the answer, you have come to the right place

I'm not that familiar with clean g-shocks, there are few out there I can't remember the model number right now.

One of which I really like is the GD-350, big display and easy to read.

Here is good thread for ideas:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/dig...ch-839903.html
    woodt3 likes this.

Have you considered the Pro Trek PRW-3000-1A or PRW-3000-4 (respectively: the black resin with positive display and the orange resin with the orange-tint positive display)? If not the 3000, then perhaps another Pro Trek will catch your eye. Pro Trek's are not G-Shock's, but may fit your requirement of having large, clean faces, and many of the ABC-T features you like on a Suunto, but for far less money. I fear most G-Shocks tend to have much smaller digits than the Pro Trek's and also have a lot of digital "eye-candy" that clutters their displays.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by alexs12 View Post
    Have you considered the Pro Trek PRW-3000-1A or PRW-3000-4 (respectively: the black resin with positive display and the orange resin with the orange-tint positive display)? If not the 3000, then perhaps another Pro Trek will catch your eye. Pro Trek's are not G-Shock's, but may fit your requirement of having large, clean faces, and many of the ABC-T features you like on a Suunto, but for far less money. I fear most G-Shocks tend to have much smaller digits than the Pro Trek's and also have a lot of digital "eye-candy" that clutters their displays.
    Hey! I haven't but I am NOW! Thanks-this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for...

Keep the suggestions coming though-there HAS to be about a million models out there!

You may also want to give a try to the "King G-Shock" -- the GX-56-1B. It would look great on someone with your wrist and its display is relatively uncluttered, albeit the digits appear quite small on a bezel that large.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Wow, a 9" wrist? I was going to suggest getting a DW-5600BB and a positive display 5600 then swap modules. But I think the 5600 would look too small on your wrist.

It's true that many G-Shock models have cluttered faces. But some have tastefully sized labels that aren't too loud. Given your interest in ABC watches, I strongly suggest you check out the Rangeman (GW-9400).
    Nemo likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

It might be a moot point...the more I look at thread after thread and image after image...the less SOME of the "clutter" bothers me.

I do like the Rangeman... (???)

Thanks all...

The Pathfinder paw1500t-7v is pretty clean, even has the moon. :)
    Name:  paw1500t-7v_addlarge_1.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  55.0 KB
    2688 Casio G-Shock GW330A
    4369 Casio Edifice Chronograph EF-508D-2AV
    3134 Casio Pathfinder PAW1500T-7V
    5121 Casio G-Shock Aviation GW3000B-1A 'Go Giants'
    3410 Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    3261 Casio G-Shock mudman G9300-1

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I think currently the G-8900 is amongst those G's with the biggest case, biggest digits and it is very uncluttered:

Casio G-shock Black and Green Standard Japanese Model #G8900-1: Watches: Amazon.com

cheers
    alexs12 likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Last edited by JarenCarter; October 24th, 2013 at 07:04.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information