Clock G-Shock GQ-1000

Thread: Clock G-Shock GQ-1000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clock G-Shock GQ-1000

This came to my eye last year in one of my Tokyo trip and I got some back immediately. What is interesting is that it resemble the smaller G-Shock pretty much. It comes with great features like: Wavecepter, time date day, thermometer, alarm, calender and more.

Enjoy the pics.

http://web.mac.com/zacharywong/Plane...o_GQ-1000.html

Re: Clock G-Shock GQ-1000

Yes, very nice clock. I've seen Seiya-san was selling it, if I'm not mistaken. It should be a Multiband model. I'd buy it in no time.

Very nice clock Planetz!!
    You can stop the clock without precaution (like a normal clock)
    When the morning has come and the clock will be singing....¡¡¡PUNCH, PUNCH, PUNCH!!

Only be careful with the floor, G-Shock clock can break it!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the questions is, is it pillow resist and wall resist.
    ive broken a few alarm clocks when trying to find the snooze button and decided a whack with the pillow and slam it to the wall always was the only solution.

very cool nonetheless. bulky and transformer-like !!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

That's very nice ...... very "Stargate"
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Yes, very nice clock. I've seen Seiya-san was selling it, if I'm not mistaken. It should be a Multiband model. I'd buy it in no time.

Yes, I see it on his web page but am reluctant to order from him since has never replied to my (friendly) requests. I think there must be some sort of "secret handshake" or something.

I have overpaid more than once for an item Seiya-San has for cheaper because I was afraid I would have trouble contacting him, receiving the items.

I know MOST of you have had great luck with him but I have not. Very unlike a Nihon-jin (Japanese) person to not to reply and leave me hanging.
    Anyways, Ill try Higuchi-san in the future.

Id like to know your thoughts please.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by 1540 View Post
    I know MOST of you have had great luck with him but I have not. Very unlike a Nihon-jin (Japanese) person to not to reply and leave me hanging.

Thoughts on Seiya? Well, as you know, he's virtually the patron saint of the WIS community. I can't think why you have had a different experience. Curiously, I have had to prompt Higuchi a few times.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by 1540 View Post
    Yes, I see it on his web page but am reluctant to order from him since has never replied to my (friendly) requests. I think there must be some sort of "secret handshake" or something.

I have overpaid more than once for an item Seiya-San has for cheaper because I was afraid I would have trouble contacting him, receiving the items.

Hi 1540,

Seiya-san, sadly, goes cyclically trough a health-related situation for which he needs some time to recover. When this happens, his site is closed, but his wife and his assistant keep care of all ongoing orders and pending matters.

In those days his e-mail inbox gets inundated with well-wishes from his customers and friends from all over the globe. And I mean really inundated.

Sometimes info requests get trapped among these well-whishing e-mails. Maybe it has been the case with yours, because his health problem is more frequent than all who esteem him (and of course he and his loved ones) would like.

Believe me, there's not secret handshake. I consider myself a friend and a customer of Seiya-san, and sometimes that (getting a message trapped) has happened to me. So please let me tell you this: If you don't get an answer for a message in 3 days, please resend him the same message. You'll get a reply. He doesnt' bother at all about this. And I hope you won't either. He's very friendly. Once you know him, you'll agree.
    Last edited by Vintage; August 1st, 2008 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hi 1540,

Seiya-san, sadly, goes cyclically trough a health-related situation for which he needs some time to recover. When this happens, his site is closed, but his wife and his assistant keep care of all ongoing orders and pending matters.

In those days his e-mail inbox gets inundated with well-wishes from his customers and friends from all over the globe. And I mean really inundated.

Sometimes info requests get trapped among these well-whishing e-mails. Maybe it has been the case with yours, because his health problem is more frequent than all who esteem him (and of course he and his loved ones) would like.

Believe me, there's not secret handshake. I consider myself a friend and a customer of Seiya-san, and sometimes that (getting a message trapped) has happened to me. So please let me tell you this: If you don't get an answer for a message in 3 days, please resend him the same message. You'll get a reply. He doesnt' bother at all about this. And I hope you won't either. He's very friendly. Once you know him, you'll agree.
    Thanks Vintage for the reply and the information about Seiya-San. I have seen the times when the site is closed. I must have sent him at least 3 emails through his site unanswered but thats ok.

Oh well, I know he's having hard times and Im just complaining about wanting a watch!

Ill try again if I see a watch I want. ...but that clock is AWSOME!!

and great, Im kinda getting into Seikos now too
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

I have not had the pleasure of being seiya-san customer, but I know of someone who is and I can say that he (seiya san) has more then met the expectations. This includes sourcing hard to get watches, to changing the strap and even changing the battery of the watches he has sourced. I do wish him continued good health.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information