Cognac Time: "Christmas Jason" G-001; love it or hate it! (Surprise pic at the end)
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Cognac Time: "Christmas Jason" G-001; love it or hate it! (Surprise pic at the end)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture Cognac Time: "Christmas Jason" G-001; love it or hate it! (Surprise pic at the end)

Finally got my first Jason. Yes it is a little late, but that's because I used to absolutely hate it and never ever thought about owning one. I know it has popped up a couple of times in that "Ugliest G-Shock" thread lol, and I can understand why. It really isn't the kind of watch design that G-Shock will come up with. It's just...really un-G-Shockish. But with all due honesty, coming from someone who used to detest it, you really have to hold it in your hand, meddle with it and slowly but surely, it will grow on you. I believe a few Jason owners can vouch for that? Haha..anyway, I like it precisely because it looks so different. And it looks more like a toy watch. Even the cute bulky buckle is made of plastic. And den it daunt on me; what can be better than a G-Shock that looks nothing like a G-Shock, but actually is equipped with the toughness of one? What can be better than that!? And me being me, I like bright colorful watches and things that are atypical, and somehow fell in love with this Jason. Now, I've already know what my 2nd Jason will be. =D

But anyway, just a couple of pics to share with you guys. And Christmas is just 2 months away, so this Christmas Jason will be an early fitting gift for myself! lol..

Christmas Jason:

Back profile:

Side profile:

Plastic buckle:

Caseback and the very comfortable wings:

EL shot:

Money shot:

Love it or hate it..?

Anyway, just to be completely random and just because I haven't consolidate everything to post in one thread, the next picture is as such:

Attached Images Attached Images

My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Re: Cognac Time: "Christmas Jason" G-001; love it or hate it! (Surprise pic at the end)

congrats! I love my Christmas Jason, I don't wear it often but will wear it most of December:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 (5).jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	1254824

Name:	2 (5).jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	1254825

Name:	3 (5).jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	1254826

I got mine last christmas from Bangkok. We had left Chiang Mai on Christmas morning and reached Bangkok by the evening.. I wanted it on Christmas Day, so I ran to Isetan and picked it up just before closing! I love the Toy look & it's playful colours.
    Last edited by starscream; October 18th, 2013 at 15:17.
    Wind_Talker, cedric and nigelw like this.

Re: Cognac Time: "Christmas Jason" G-001; love it or hate it! (Surprise pic at the end)

Thanks for sharing your Christmas Jason pics! Those are awesome!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great pickup, this Jason is proper 'bonkers' and I like that.

Though I strongly prefer the original DW-001 Jasons, this 'Xmas' Jason does tempt me.

I have nearly succumbed a few times in the past so you never know, the Xmas season may just push me over the edge!

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Great pickup, this Jason is proper 'bonkers' and I like that.

Though I strongly prefer the original DW-001 Jasons, this 'Xmas' Jason does tempt me.

I have nearly succumbed a few times in the past so you never know, the Xmas season may just push me over the edge!

Mitch

Yeah I agree..it would have been much better if the temperature function still exist though..makes the holes much more meaningful. but then again, I'm happy with this one! =D
    My Current Beater:

what? the Jason has a plastic buckle ? It surely a contra for me now, in my decision to get one

I never thought the Jason as ugly, it's just unique and its various color-schemes make it so fun to wear (at least in my imagination) I once miss a deal on a pink jason, and forever regret it as it is now too un-affordable for me

LOLz

I have never considered getting a Jason, not because I think it is ugly or anything but I just never thought of it. After seeing your's and Starscream's photos, boy I am getting tempted!

Nice photos you have got there + the lovely manbox! :)
    starscream likes this.
    Wind_Talker's Blog, Anything & Everything @ http://www.wtalker.blogspot.sg

I admire you guys in wearing this. I like a little color but this looks too much like Santa Claus to me. Congrats and wear it in health

Quote Originally Posted by Vade_R View Post
    I admire you guys in wearing this. I like a little color but this looks too much like Santa Claus to me. Congrats and wear it in health

Name:	jason.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	1255089

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    what? the Jason has a plastic buckle ? It surely a contra for me now, in my decision to get one

I never thought the Jason as ugly, it's just unique and its various color-schemes make it so fun to wear (at least in my imagination) I once miss a deal on a pink jason, and forever regret it as it is now too un-affordable for me

LOLz
    Yeah, the plastic buckle is just...so different. haha..you either hate it or love it for its quirkiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind_Talker View Post
    I have never considered getting a Jason, not because I think it is ugly or anything but I just never thought of it. After seeing your's and Starscream's photos, boy I am getting tempted!

Nice photos you have got there + the lovely manbox! :)
    You should bro! I've always really really wanted the bubblegum Jason since day 1, but it's one of those super over-priced Gs online:

Quote Originally Posted by Vade_R View Post

Exactly a Christmas watch. lol. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cognac0113; October 18th, 2013 at 19:55.
    Wind_Talker likes this.
    My Current Beater:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information