Cognac Time: Finally, my G-Family has a home. -=[Pelican? 1495]=-
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Cognac Time: Finally, my G-Family has a home. -=[Pelican? 1495]=-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Picture Cognac Time: Finally, my G-Family has a home. -=[Pelican™ 1495]=-

I have been searching for a storage for my Gs for months and months. There were many options; should I get a display stand? A storage case? A watch cabinet? A watch drawer? The possibilities were endless. After months of research and look-around, I finally decided on a storage case, the large Pelican™ 1495, which can comfortably sit 32 oversized Gs. Yeah, I know it's a little overkill to store Gs in a pelican; it's like making the whole bloody Iron-Man suit with Adamantium. But then again, I like all my Gs in one place, and I like the fact that if I ever need to move it around, it's as easy as pie. And if ever there is an alien invasion one day, I can carry it around, use it as an awesome hammer/projectile/shield, kick some serious alien ass, and my Gs will still be in one piece. =D

Anyway, special thanks to starscream1017 and fresh eddie fresh. I have been searching for an affordable Pelican 1495 for awhile, but couldn't find any. Of course, online is a haven to start with, but all of them don't ship to where I'm from. And checking with Pelican case distributor in my country, it costs a whopping SGD$356 with the 'Pick N Pluck' foam. So recently, I was in NYC for a couple of days, and I knew that there has to be a place that sells it cheaper. But being absolutely clueless to the electronics/equipment scene in NYC, I posted a thread in F17. And these 2 gentlemen gave me a piece of information that saved me more than USD$100. Of course, it is still a little costly, as compared to getting it 2nd-hand or online. But this is as good as it gets for me. So yeah, thanks!

So, without further ado;

Pelican™ 1495. Dust-proof. Crush-proof. Watertight. Automatic pressure equalization valve. Sounds good.

The 'Pick N Pluck' with convoluted lid foam. Can't wait to start working on it.

How my poor Gs are stored for months and months. Can you imagine their agony and pain??

"Let's get started!" screams my beater GD-100WW-7. And of course, with a Swiss knife. I'm a little OCD when it comes to the edges of the holes where the watches are gonna be plugged in. I don't wanna really pick and pluck them, as I'm concerned it will destroy the aesthetics.

First cut-out of the foam.. Took me very much longer as I had to figure out how many of the individual squares to cut for each watch, the layout, the spacing etc.

Finally, after about 2 hours (yes, I took 2 hours lol) of careful slicing and dicing, I'm done. Looks absolutely good-to-go.

As part of my slight OCD, I labelled the foams just in case I need to plug it back in someday. Because each and every cut WILL be different. And an awkwardly positioned foam? It kills my eye. Lol.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, my very humble collection.

I might swap a few here and there in the future, but I hope to keep my collection to 32 *fingers and toes crossed*. But looks like it's gonna be a real mission impossible haha. And to date, I'm still pretty much a purist collector. 99% of the Gs you see in here, I have not wore them even once (except for a wrist-shot during my un-boxing threads for a few of them). But yeah, that's just me. So don't judge please! =D

Anyway, that's about it. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Cognac0113; December 29th, 2013 at 13:55.
    Crater, Piowa, cedric and 31 others like this.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

cst

Re: Cognac Time: Finally, my G-Family has a home. -=[Pelican™ 1495]=-

Top job and very OCD with the numbering! Well done! I wish I was as neat and organised as you!

I only have one g at the moment so a pelican that size might be over kill, but you never jibe what the future holds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gripmaster and Cognac0113 like this.

HAHA!! Aweome job! that does look cool, I didnt think it would be such a good idea, but in fact thats a brilliant way to store them...
    That foolish idea of limiting yourself to 32 however... well - we'll all see about that!
    nice collection too - super colorful! congratulations!
    Cognac0113 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's some craftsmanship you've got! Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Cognac0113 likes this.

Oh damn that's sweet....
    Cognac0113 likes this.

Hail to the King, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by cst View Post
    Top job and very OCD with the numbering! Well done! I wish I was as neat and organised as you!

I only have one g at the moment so a pelican that size might be over kill, but you never jibe what the future holds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A pelican case is all that it takes! =D

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    HAHA!! Aweome job! that does look cool, I didnt think it would be such a good idea, but in fact thats a brilliant way to store them...
    That foolish idea of limiting yourself to 32 however... well - we'll all see about that!
    nice collection too - super colorful! congratulations!
    Haha precisely I think it's mission impossible. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by suaku View Post
    That's some craftsmanship you've got! Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Doesn't take much pal. You'll just need a small knife, and loads of patience. The 'pick n pluck' foam pretty much shows you where to slice. =)

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkill View Post
    Oh damn that's sweet....
    Thanks!
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Nice! been waiting to see this thread! congrats on the Pelican and you did an awesome job cutting it out.. that looks great! and that collection man!! some of those watches got me drooling.. good job bro.

even I was hoping to stop when I get to 31, have 1 for each day of the month.. but I know that's never going to happen.. lol

I know you don't wear your G's but I hope you will strap that Christmas Jason on Christmas day! at least for 1 day! haha, I know I will be!

California, Hong Kong, Singapore, Surabaya

Wow!!! Very nice "humble" collection there!

Cool collection and congrats on the case! Love the display and the pics. :beer:

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Great job - very neatly done, almost looks factory cut!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information