Collecting each version.....

Thread: Collecting each version.....

Collecting each version.....

As I endlessly plan and scheme about future purchases I have thought about which models I would consider collecting the complete set of.

My funds are not plentiful and there are many models I would like one of.

But my intentions are for a full set of :

GA100 analogue digital

G-9000 Mudman.

Both have imo tasteful yet bold colour variations yet won't bankrupt me to collect.

What's yours?

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

I have to ask your definition of the ga100! Some include 110, 120, 150, and 201. What is yours?
    For me right now it i'm completing "one of every body" and have the g9000 and for sure a 200-series frog and a 1000-series frog left (in my eyes).
    I'm set on collecting the gw4000's EXCEPT the resin strap white face as i already have the gw4000d (i understand the face is slightly different, that is still too close for me to have both).
    I'm set on collecting more negative display 9300 mudmen! I think this is my favorite digital watch at this point.
    Which will bring up more Risemen to match up with. I'll have to decide on gulfmen or not for the "sets".
    I'm also looking to collect the negative display kings.
    We'll see where i go from there.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: Collecting each version.....

Started as aiming for a full set of MRG's - then got into the Anniversary editions (10th, 20th, 25th and next years 30th - but only the ones I like - e.g. no ugly 6900's) - but as I really like the squares there are quite a few of them I have now with quite a few more I'll want to add, but I'm not aiming for 100% there. After that only MTG's would be of interest.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    We'll see where i go from there.
    Mate, you slay me sometimes.

What a closing line after THAT itinerary. :screwy:

I'm defining the GA100 as exactly that, not all the other 'century' series as they are quite different in their own right.
    :)

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

I have many plans but most are unrealistic. I would like to collect every Bape x G-Shock. My more unrealistic plan is to collect as many collaboration models as I can. I have no idea how many there are, hundreds if not thousands. It's a long and winding road.
    Watchshock Collection (minus a few models that are missing from the website):
    http://watchshock.com/collection/3498/

LUW

I'm quite the collector (hoarder?), but I was never a "series collector" in none of my hobbies. I prefer diversity.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I was on the same mission as Chrisek to get at least "one of every body", hence why most of mine are standard everyday models and I only have a few collaborations. I did reasonably well until I had to give it all up. It's quite a long list that I did get so I won't list them here, it also let me have a go on most of the models to see which I liked the most. If you try to go for the entire series of one model, the collaborations can mess up your bank account seriously. There was one guy on WUS (Alan from New York) who was collecting every single GD100 as they were released, Haven't heard a lot from him recently.
    Last edited by dobber72; June 4th, 2012 at 14:48.

I once thought about trying to get every version of the G-8000 and G-7710 but some of them are hard to find so I settled for completing at least the G-7710C-series (only 3 models so not really hard ) and I have 5 G-8000 and G-7710 models. Will get more eventually.

Cheers, Sedi

I buy frog but I limited myself to pick the best one in my opinion per model. GWF-1000 I pick Red Frog, GW-8200 I pick Real Black and GW-200 I pick Final.
    A single model I buy repeatedly is G-001 Jason but wasn't after each version and only buy color IMO successful.

Name:  6950622325_e1d16ef876_z.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  274.1 KB

Thread Information