A Collection of My Watches.

Thread: A Collection of My Watches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Collection of My Watches.

Hi guys, I've only been a member of this forum for about a month and its been a great experience learning so much about g-shocks. I recently received a watch display case, courtesy of ebay, and i wanted to show off a few things i've collected over the past month.

here is an overview of all the watches in my collection. All the watches on the bottom row i already had before joining this forum. All the g-shocks were purchased afterwards! This forum really is addicting! The last empty spot on the bottom will be for my new gd-100 in white that i purchased from amazon a few days ago.

G7900. This was my first g-shock that i purchased from a member on here. Since then, I have done a negative display mod on it. It makes the tide graph a little hard to read, but it does not mean its not possible.

G300ML and a GLX5600-4. I purchased the g300 from a forum member here and was my second purchase. It is also my girlfriend's favorite g-shock that i own. The glx was purchased from a vw gti forum. i only joined their forum so i could buy the watch from the dude haha. At first, I was not too fond of the square g-shocks, but after wearing one, I find it very comfortable.

DW6500 "Skyforce". This was the 4th G-shock i acquired. I got it from ebay for an amazingly great deal! under 20 dollars. I put in some new batteries and it runs like a champ. It does run a little faster than my other gs though.

gw9200 "Riseman". My latest acquisition. I purchased this from amazon for an amazing price brand new. My first solar/atomic g-shock. I had a bit of trouble trying to sync it, but after its all done, its great! Just like the Ronco Rotisserie, "Set it and Forget it!"

Of course, I'll be getting a gd-100 soon. Im planning on modding the color of the lettering to orange. like so:

anyways, thanks for checking out my thread! GO SHARKS!
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

Re: A Collection of My Watches.

Great collection!

I'll be wearing my GW-6900 during game 7 in an hour or so. Good luck SJ! (I grew up in the bay area)

Super collection. That red shock is nice. I've been eyeing it for a while.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If that is after just a month, you have caught the bug bad.

Hello fellow giants fan! Cool collection you have! Really like your skyforce! Really can't beat that deal.

Really want the sharks to win this series. Hope the torture is over!

Nice collection! Could you post a pic of the 7900 with the EL off? I was contemplating doing that to my white one, but wasn't sure how much of the display I would lose. The EL is pretty cool looking!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Nice collection!

Nice collection, and I have to say I could have been in your shoes if I hadn't invested in something else this past month Also cool to know the story behind each G-Shock you acquired.

Beware when you mod the colour text as the surface of the bezel is glossy which I believe a glossy paint was applied. Since probably you may use paint thinner to clean the paint that is outside the text, you may also wipe the glossy paint away. Do keep us posted.

WOOO! Sharks won tonight! Gonna be a great series with Canucks.

@stonehart i really like the red gloss on it too. The band has some type of "pin striping" that makes it look pretty cool instead of a plain red band. Its very comfortable on my wrist too.

@tsip here is a photo i just took with the EL off. as you can see, it makes the tide graph a little hard to see. However, if you know the general shape of graph, you can make it out.

@ sunshineboy i bought some goof off in a can. do you think that would be able to remove their stock paint? i was just going to use some type of nail polish to paint it back in.
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information