Collectors item or mod-base?!

Thread: Collectors item or mod-base?!

Collectors item or mod-base?!

Ok, i did not post much but i did collect a few Gs after my initial 5600 3 months ago. I am about to do some "stealth" or "blackout" mods on some of them. But before dunkin all the resin stuff in a hot tub of dye i wanted to ask around.
    Will i destroy collectors items when i dye/mod a DW 003 B4 ?

It´s worn, but i put in a new battery and cleaned all the stuff. Has the original band.

Casio: G-Shock DW-003B-4 DW-00x photos, videos and specifications DW003B-4 | Watch Archive

Same question for a yelly 6900 G-lide surf timer?

cean, complete and working, a bit yellowish by now but was clear/grey with violet G inlay and G-lide text on the band.

If they are collectible, i would gladly trade them in or sell them - in the appropriate sections of this forum, of course.

If not, off to the dye pot they go...

Re: Collectors item or mod-base?!

Is it one of those?:

Just go ahead and dip it in the stew . That's probably one of the most common models on German ebay - all in different stages of greying. Nobody's gonna shed a tear I think .
    As for the DW-003 - I think it's a cool looking model - I'd keep it the way it is.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Re: Collectors item or mod-base?!

..yep, that one.

Dipped it, but even the other dye i bought after my first experiments didn´t dye the stuff - just a light grey shade. I will be looking for a speciyl dye for synthetics monday as rit dye is not available here in germany.

I´ll keep you updated.

Thread Information