Combi Bracelet Broken Spring Bar Replacement
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Combi Bracelet Broken Spring Bar Replacement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My son somehow managed to break a spring bar on his combi bracelet. It's the one that connects the last link to the clasp. It is not the same type of spring bar found between all of the other links. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement? I'm hoping I can avoid spending $100 for a new bracelet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Combi Bracelet Broken Spring Bar Replacement

Try this place.
    http://www.tiktox.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dav25 View Post
    Try this place.
    Casio Watches - Tiktox

Thanks. Yeah, I'm familiar with tiktox and pacparts. I'm just not sure what I'm searching for. I'm hoping someone might know the exact part.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkesguy View Post
    My son somehow managed to break a spring bar on his combi bracelet. It's the one that connects the last link to the clasp. It is not the same type of spring bar found between all of the other links. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement? I'm hoping I can avoid spending $100 for a new bracelet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It doesn't appear that all the links that come with the Combi Bracelet are being used on your G-Shock. If that is the case, why don't you take one of the spring bars from one of the spare links and use it to connect the exposed link back to the clasp? Good luck.
    Last edited by EXCALIBUR1; March 15th, 2016 at 01:52.
    domoon likes this.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav25 View Post
    Try this place.
    Casio Watches - Tiktox
    I've just got to ask: WHY is someone in California suggesting UK-based Tiktox instead of California-based Pacparts?!

Pacparts also has a much more comprehensive webpage when it comes to finding parts, as illustrated below.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkesguy View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm familiar with tiktox and pacparts. I'm just not sure what I'm searching for. I'm hoping someone might know the exact part.
    It's probably one of the four "spring rods" and I'm guessing one of the last two:

Name:  spring bar.png
Views: 169
Size:  51.0 KB

You might try calling Pacparts and seeing if they have an "exploded" parts diagram for either the GW-6900BC or the GW-M6510BC, which would let them help figure out exactly WHICH spring bar you need!
    idkfa and xevious like this.

my guess it's spring rod buckle cover,
    I can't believe it's 2 bucks, it looks like any regular 14mm spring rod would do the job ---

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    my guess it's spring rod buckle cover,
    I can't believe it's 2 bucks, it looks like any regular 14mm spring rod would do the job ---
    "Two bucks" is apparently now Pacparts' minimum price for small parts like buttons, screws, springbars, o-rings, e-clips, adhesive, and pretty much everything. Take a look at their parts list for the DW-5600E: Casio DW5600E-1V Parts and Accessories

You're right, though -- any watch repair shop should have short springbars for women's watchbands, and it might be an easier and less expensive solution!
    idkfa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I've just got to ask: WHY is someone in California suggesting UK-based Tiktox instead of California-based Pacparts?!

Pacparts also has a much more comprehensive webpage when it comes to finding parts, as illustrated below.

It's probably one of the four "spring rods" and I'm guessing one of the last two:

Name:  spring bar.png
Views: 169
Size:  51.0 KB

You might try calling Pacparts and seeing if they have an "exploded" parts diagram for either the GW-6900BC or the GW-M6510BC, which would let them help figure out exactly WHICH spring bar you need!
    Well since your asking WHY someone from Ca recommended a place in the UK is because im not familiar with Pacparts and ive seen a lot of people talk about TikTok. Im actually a seiko guy. Just trying to help out a forum member but just like all forums ever, people always are good to criticize you and jump on you for anything. Guess i should ask you before i order anything outside of California.

Last edited by Dav25; March 15th, 2016 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    "Two bucks" is apparently now Pacparts' minimum price for small parts like buttons, screws, springbars, o-rings, e-clips, adhesive, and pretty much everything. Take a look at their parts list for the DW-5600E: Casio DW5600E-1V Parts and Accessories

You're right, though -- any watch repair shop should have short springbars for women's watchbands, and it might be an easier and less expensive solution!
    I have to wonder if they charge $2 to cover handling and packaging, separate from shipping. Every single part I have ever received from them comes individually packaged in a small resealable plastic baggie with an item label. Four bezel screws came in five baggies (EDIT: Now that would be REALLY impressive. I meant four baggies), it must take at least some time for someone to do this.
    Mike K likes this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Well, last time I ordered a bunch of items from PacParts and one was a $0.50 gasket, they ended up sending that to me separately while other times were waiting. I was charged $6.95 in shipping! For a $0.50 gasket! I was fuming mad at them. Somehow I didn't explicitly state to wait for all parts to arrive for a single shipment, but c'mon... any monkey could see that this made no sense to send a $0.50 part by itself. Anyway, I hear their shipping terms have changed, but still. I'd probably go to a jeweler who will charge about $2 for the spring bar and that will be it. No shipping cost and no delay.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information