Comments on the G-8000

Thread: Comments on the G-8000

Comments on the G-8000

Hi!

Newbie to G-Shock's but find the G-8000-3ver and the G-8000-1ver intresting. Have read Antons review. Anyone else with comments or users experience of this model?

Plan to use it as an outdoor/cross country/sailing watch.

rgds,

joakim
    Last edited by Sjors; August 21st, 2006 at 20:13.

Wink Re: Comments on the G-8000

Hi Joakim,

The G-8000-1VER is a nice model with a very sharp display with a cool modern look. I'm planning to buy this one in the future for daily use too. I already have the G-8000-4VER and G-8000B-4VCR. The G-8000 is "You love it, or you don't" model. I love it and like the way Casio is experimenting in trying daring designs as the G(L)-7500, G-8000 and G(W)-9000.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Comments on the G-8000

Here are mine. As I've said a few times, I think the G-8000 is a triumph of modern design. In many ways, the G-8000 is a 5600 for the new millennium. All the basic functions most people need (day display, 24hr countdown timer, world time, time shown in stopwatch and countdown modes, alarm (x2) set by date, year display) and a wonderfully clear display. The plain version is the best in this regard, although the orange version is more eye-catching. The G-8000 is also bigger on the wrist than some might imagine. The other versions don't appeal so much, either because of the colours, or because the reversed displays are a little hard to read. I also doubt whether the band of the orange version (and other 'flashy' versions) will be as hard-wearing as the standard band. Of the watches I own (pictured below) the plain G-8000 is my second favourite (behind the DW-6900, but above the Mudman, the G-5600 and the 2310...). But Sjors is right - it's also a 'love it or hate it' model. Clearly, I love it!

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's a nicely built model

I've often thought getting the full set would look great as a display in the right place and home as they are very colourful:-D

The more I see this model, the more I like it... might have to get one as the price is good

Edit: the one in tribe125's second pic, the orange and black one, would look better imo if it had the flat black finish of the one in his first pic... I'd buy that without a second thought.
    Last edited by AtomicSolar; September 2nd, 2006 at 08:20.

Wow Tribe, it looks alot bigger on your arm. I may have to pick one up. Or Two they aren't that expensive on ebay.
    Last edited by jnaga48; September 2nd, 2006 at 08:55.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSolar
    The more I see this model, the more I like it... might have to get one as the price is good

Edit: the one in tribe125's second pic, the orange and black one, would look better imo if it had the flat black finish of the one in his first pic... I'd buy that without a second thought.
    I second that. The greenish band (looks somewhat transparant) however looks great. I am not shure if I like the three 'nails' that surround the glass though. i don't know if they have any functionality (like holding the bezel) but I would have left them out of the design or replace them with screws.

I like the idea of the flashing led. It's a great gadget.

The 'nails' are completely function-free as far as I can tell, but I like 'em anyway!

I'd never thought about it, but yes, I would like the orange one with a plain band and case too. It's quite spectacular the way it is (no green in it though) but will inevitably not be as hard-wearing as the plain finish.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information